Straight answer please

• Sponsors (?)

with everything else stock the drone isn't too bad, just stay above or below the RPM of drone and you will be ok. The drone was louder, but not as much headache causing bass with a catter prochamber. And now I have no drone at all :)

I almost never turn the radio on, I love the sound of the packs, but then I love the drone too, if you want something loud with drone then you can get them, but if you want something quiet, the regular magnaflows would be better for you.
To get the drone away I think I need 4 bars on my stereo while I'm on the highway, I got a 10'' sub in the back with an amp also, I'm not sure what you have.

I had 40 Series Flows and an offroad x pipe on my 96 Cobra and I have been told that it was "obnoxiously" loud. It did make alot of racket in the car, but I didn't mind it. I liked the attention it got on the outside :flag:!! If you are trying to keep it relatively quite in the car, Flows might not be the way to go. I, on the other hand, love that flowmaster sound!!! :nice:

I started with the weld in flowmaster 40s. with the stock h-pipe, I don't think you will mind the noise at all. It is a lot louder outside to others. Since, I installed an offroad H pipe. Now , I can see where some wouldn't like that. I'll bet you will be happy with which ever muffler as long as the factory H-Pipe is in there. What about 3 chamber flows?? They sound good at idle and are moderate at WOT.

MEAN03GT said:
Ok, heres the deal, ive gotten like 3 different answers, and while i know that everyone has thier own opinion, i would like to know if someone can give me a straight answer.

I am looking at some Weld in Flowmaster Super 40's.
Its going on an otherwise stock exhaust.

How much will this drone, ive heard its not so bad with stock H-pipe, but then again, ive heard they are horrible no matter what.

I can take a little bit of drone, but nothing that will make my head hurt.
When I was shopping for an exhaust system I called Flowmaster with some questions. The person I spoke to suggested not to buy the "40's" if there is any doubt or question about them.I didn't purchase the flows but I do like the tone. I did buy the Borla cat-back and it's loud as a MF and does drone.Can you go to a car show and check out some other Mustangs(with Flows)?Exhaust systems are a personal choice...take your time..shop around and compare.

Just had regular 40 series Flows installed today. They drone right at 2,200 rpm to ~2,500 rpm. It is loud and if you don't like drone, annoying as well. If I had to choose now that I have them on now, I would have gone with delta Flow 40 series, but I bought my 40 series regulars cheap.