Strange Noise

sacha

Mar 31, 2005
Strange Noise - short random air bursts

My engine is randomly making noise - it sounds like a short burst of air being released and I have no idea what this could be. My car is stock - absolutely no mods. Anyone else experiencing this? Any idea what it could be?

• Sponsors (?)

stop eating beans.

sacha said:
My engine is randomly making noise - it sounds like a short burst of air being released and I have no idea what this could be. My car is stock - absolutely no mods. Anyone else experiencing this? Any idea what it could be?
change your diet, that might be the problem.

nah,,, you are right.

sacha said:
sadly, you guys have been about as helpful as my dealer's service department!
sorry, didnt mean to be mean, but you are right, we arent being very helpful. i dont have this problem so, im not sure what you can do about it. did they run a compression test on the engine?

I have heard the sound you are talking about. It seems to come from the front of the car, maybe in the engine compartment. I have heard it in other GT's I have driven, so whatever it is, is in all or alot of them. I have a feeling maybe either the fuel injection system or HVAC system. There is a lot of new technology in the '05 GT, just have to figure out what sound you have to worry about.

Next time I am at the dealer I will check into it. I do not think it is a problem or issue, but an annoying sound. There are so many new sounds in the car, that learning what to ignore and what to worry about is a real chore. I have noticed a lot of strange sounds compared to other cars I have owned. If you learn anything, keep those of us who have good hearing informed.

WSD42 said:
I have heard the sound you are talking about. It seems to come from the front of the car, maybe in the engine compartment. I have heard it in other GT's I have driven, so whatever it is, is in all or alot of them. I have a feeling maybe either the fuel injection system or HVAC system. There is a lot of new technology in the '05 GT, just have to figure out what sound you have to worry about.

Next time I am at the dealer I will check into it. I do not think it is a problem or issue, but an annoying sound. There are so many new sounds in the car, that learning what to ignore and what to worry about is a real chore. I have noticed a lot of strange sounds compared to other cars I have owned. If you learn anything, keep those of us who have good hearing informed.

Thanks. I'm taking my car in to the dealer on Saturday morning so will let you know what I find out about it. I plan on taking another GT out on a testdrive to see what kinds of noises it's making.

are you talking about the hissing/clicking sound which goes on (roughly) each 10s?
if yes, it's a selenoid pushing a pulley against the drive belt. i don't know what is driven by that pulley (fuel pump, oil pump,... :shrug: ) but if you look closer at lower passanger side of your engine for a while you will see it...

hope this helps

My vert makes the exact noise you're describing, but it is indeed my AC - when I kill the AC, I lose the noise.

Like a little sneeze every 10-20 seconds. Turning up the radio easily drowns it out.

Good luck troubleshooting yours.

phun-ky said:
are you talking about the hissing/clicking sound which goes on (roughly) each 10s?
if yes, it's a selenoid pushing a pulley against the drive belt. i don't know what is driven by that pulley (fuel pump, oil pump,... :shrug: ) but if you look closer at lower passanger side of your engine for a while you will see it...

hope this helps

I have this noise you guys are talking about. I have been worried as well. What the heck is going on? Is this hissing/clicking every 10 secs going to be a normal sound? I just started to hear it this week, especially when the A/C is on. I looked down in this exact area and saw it spin and stop, spin and stop, so on and on. Has anyone been to the dealer (aka service dept) to ask if this is normal. If so I'll deal w/ it, but I would like to know if I have a problem on my hands. Any updates would be very helpful.

sacha said:
Thanks. I'm taking my car in to the dealer on Saturday morning so will let you know what I find out about it. I plan on taking another GT out on a testdrive to see what kinds of noises it's making.

Do you have any news from what the dealership may have told you?

creedog said:
I have this noise you guys are talking about. I have been worried as well. What the heck is going on? Is this hissing/clicking every 10 secs going to be a normal sound? I just started to hear it this week, especially when the A/C is on. I looked down in this exact area and saw it spin and stop, spin and stop, so on and on. Has anyone been to the dealer (aka service dept) to ask if this is normal. If so I'll deal w/ it, but I would like to know if I have a problem on my hands. Any updates would be very helpful.

I too have noticed this noise when the A/C is on - what the heck is it?