Strange noises when going over bumps ....

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by SilverHorse, Dec 8, 2003.

1. I know this sounds vague but when I pull out of a parking lot that has any kind of dip or just going over a rough road my car sounds like it is going to fall apart. The shocks are stock and the car has a little over 60K miles. Nothing seems to be broken but the sound (atleast to me) is loud. Anyone lese have something like this going on?

2. what does it sound like? Is your car a vert? Give some more details peeez :)

3. It's a hard top. It really sounds like metal rattling. I have nothing loose in my car like jack stands in my trunk! I don't even eat or drink in my car so it's nothing that is rolling around.

4. try shaking your h-pipe and tail pipes and see if they rattle? i had the same problem, my exhaust hangers were rattling around, and knocking into the gas tank. i just slipped rubber hose over the hangers... and presto! problem fixed.

trey

5. Thanks! I'll check that out. I did find one thing. I went over the dip at the store by my house. I reached out and held the drivers door handle while going over it. Things were a lot more quite.