street car...holley systemax or trickflow track heat?

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
can possibly get a good deal on the holley with 24lb injectors...only used for like 1kmi...would that be better and deliver more power or the track heat?

i currently have a gt40 upper lower i was going to have ported by tmoss but was told wouldn't give as much peak hp...again this is a street car so i dont redline shift all the time...usually i am very mild on it around 4500-5200rpm shift points. thanks

will be in combo with

pro-m 80mm
24lbers
afm 3.5" powerpipe
trickflow 170s
custom cam
3:73s

car is a 93 5spd gt

• Sponsors (?)

i went from the tfs intake with tfs tw heads and tfs stage 1 cam over to the systemax.

low end below 3k is SLIGHTLY less, past 3k the systemax pulls way harder. between swapping to the systemax i also went to an anderson na powerpipe. i picked up 22 rwhp/19 tq i think +/- 1. more power EVERYWHERE across the board over the tfs/bbk cai combo prior which was also dyno tuned.

i do not regret switching.. even if it were for the intakes appearance advantage alone.

281pony was that test done on the same dyno on the same day. Or with the same weather at least. In July my car made 525 rwhp and in January it made 547 rwhp only change was I washed my filter and the weather was alot better.

I whould talk to who ever is doing your cam let them know what you want to use the car for and how much hp you want to make. Then buy the parts that fit your bugget and goal.

Holley's advantage is normally above 5,000 rpm....here is just one example....

Attachments

• GT40 vs Holley on 306.JPG
    GT40 vs Holley on 306.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 617