Street drag tire ?'s

EXTRPR50

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
Hey guys, My 245/50/16's are wearing thin in the back of my 93 notch and Ponys. I have a relatively stock motor, just a full exhaust, Alum. DS, CAI. I can never get traction when trying to cook rice. I think the car is just real light. So, I drive the car rarely except to go to the store, weekends, etc. Would I be wasting money buying Drag Radials? I want better traction, oh yeah, upper and lower BBK control arms too. I want to hook on the street better. What doe severyone think?

• Sponsors (?)

Never have, but will be shortly. If you drive it a lot, nitto is a decent hooking drag radial with a lot of tire life. Mickey thompson bites the most imo but forget about tire wear. BFG bites hard too but tire life sucks for those also.

i was Runing 275-45-17's Micky Thompsons On mine... They where on the Car when i Bough them... Took Alot To Spin them... if i could have gotten a better deal on a set, id Still have them on.. when i took it in to get new Fronts put on, they Notice i have about 6" of wire mesh peaking out... So i ended up Buying a whole set of Kuhmos asx.. Same size and every thing... But im Behind Mickys 199%.. i highly Recomend them! you will not be Disapointed.. my money situation was the only thing Stoping me...

The MT Drag Radials 255/50/16 are a great tire. Just put them on the ponys. Hook great. Very good on the street.:nice:

photodisplay.php

Ive had my MT ET's since may, just getting past the wearline now. I would never put them on a stock car, they are great for breaking stuff and you dont need that kind of traction yet anyways. Get gears and then get some nittos, they make a nice combo.

nittos would most likely suit you just fine with your car being mostly stock. im running 275s on my 89 right now but i have alot more done to my car and i cant get the nittos to hook anymore, i will be going with bfg or mickeys next