Street Edge Stall is in!

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
edgeracingstall.jpg

:lol: Well there's the difference between the stock stall and the Street Edge! The car is still kinda getting used to it. I drove it to work this morning and the street manner is excellent. I have a bit of a surging problem when idling that I didn't have before. I'm guessing the computer forgot how to run when we unhooked the battery. OR we may have an exhaust leak. :shrug:

The car will flat get up and run now. It's weird to say, but I think I can "happily" say that I'll be running SLOWER at the track due to a problem I've never had before.... traction problems. :nice:

I went from foot stalling at 1200 to 2400 the first 20 minutes the new stall was in. When you romp on it at a small roll or a stop it'll hit about 2600 then it lights up the tires.

We even had one test run where we were going around 15 mph and I stood on it (was already in 1st manually) and it didn't spin, just hooked and went, right as I hit 4,700 and was getting ready to shift, the tires just lost traction and blew smoke! It was awesome! :nice:

Couple of weird things to note:

1. My second gear scratch is still there, but not near as violent as it was. Especially when just cruising around town. It used to snap your head everytime you shifted into 2nd.

2. My car has to be at a much lower MPH to get it to automatically downshift to first. Use to 25mph would get it to kick down to 1st for a brief launch and bark into 2nd. Now it needs to be around 15 mph or it'll just downshift to 2nd and motor it's way back up.

I'll add more as I discover more. I'm hoping this rain holds off so I can finish the video tonight. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Damn sounds sweet!! You and 1hot5.0 are making me want to get one so bad. I'd love to launch my car at 2400 at the track. (or on the street for that matter :D ) Looks like Im going to have to start pinchin pennies. Yours is the street edge not the mild street right? I guess I need to talk to Andre and figure out which ones right for me. :nice:

Hopefully the video will help determine if the Street Edge is really worth the extra money. I would say it is if you were going with a bigger stall setting, since you can go as high as you want. I'm only like 200-400 rpms higher than the Mild Street Edge so I'm not 100% sure that would be worth the extra money or not. But time will tell.

If this storm blows through this w/e, I'll be at the track tomorrow night. :nice:

Well all Im looking for is something that will let me launch the car at around 2300-2400 rpm's. I can tell that is where my car really starts to pick up and I think it would drop quite a bit off my et's. Let us know how it goes if you make it to the track. You should see 12's for sure!!

wow i cant believe the size difference. what size is it? 9.5 inch??? whats stock? 12 inch????

which company did you purchase it from and how much did it run you?

i plan on running a 3000 stall next summer but dont know which one to get yet. i'm thinking of the one that FRPP just starting selling but i have no idea who makes it or what size it is.

keep us posted on how it is

Glad you got good results. My car acts very smiilar to yours except I went from foot stalling at 1,200 to about 1,900. :scratch: I'll have to try again to make sure thats as high as I can go.

One thing to note though: I am told as I make more power I will be able to stall higher. I still have a bone stock motor.

1hot5.0 said:
Glad you got good results. My car acts very smiilar to yours except I went from foot stalling at 1,200 to about 1,900. :scratch: I'll have to try again to make sure thats as high as I can go.

1900 isnt too bad but I'd like a little higher. Might have to spring for the Street edge. Hows it feel launching like that? DO you think it will help your et's?

mystang94gt said:
1900 isnt too bad but I'd like a little higher. Might have to spring for the Street edge. Hows it feel launching like that? DO you think it will help your et's?

I definitly feel like it will help my ET. I am told as I make more power I will be able to stall up to 2,200-2,300. :shrug:

what size are the mild street converts? apparently the FRPP converter is stock size so that one is no longer a choice for me.

the street edge sounds like a perfect choice for my application but the price still isnt cheap. (i live in canada) but i pretty much have no other choice.

gcomfx.com- what times do you think you'll be running. on/off the juice???

Dan95-5.0 said:
gcomfx.com- what times do you think you'll be running. on/off the juice???

Honestly... not sure. My last 2 trips to the track I left my fuel pressure too high and was running 15.2-15.3s.... no where near my 14.8 - 14.9 that I ran last fall. I rarely run off the bottle since I'm tuned for it all the time. 6 degrees of timing and 39-43 psi of fuel pressure.

My car has NEVER had a problem with tire spin. Before the stall I got my best times 13.05-13.10s consistanly by launching off idle to try to get the tries to turn over and as milisecond they hooked to bog the motor (sometimes 6 inches off the line :rolleyes: ) I would hit it with the 125 shot to turn over the tires ONCE and it would just rock and roll from there. :shrug:

It appears my car will have a tough time sticking the juice to the ground. I haven't sprayed it yet.... and it's raining now. :bang:

gcomfx.com said:
Honestly... not sure. My last 2 trips to the track I left my fuel pressure too high and was running 15.2-15.3s.... no where near my 14.8 - 14.9 that I ran last fall. I rarely run off the bottle since I'm tuned for it all the time. 6 degrees of timing and 39-43 psi of fuel pressure.

My car has NEVER had a problem with tire spin. Before the stall I got my best times 13.05-13.10s consistanly by launching off idle to try to get the tries to turn over and as milisecond they hooked to bog the motor (sometimes 6 inches off the line :rolleyes: ) I would hit it with the 125 shot to turn over the tires ONCE and it would just rock and roll from there. :shrug:

It appears my car will have a tough time sticking the juice to the ground. I haven't sprayed it yet.... and it's raining now. :bang:

Looks like its time for some D/R's. :rolleyes: