Street Edge Stall is in!

another fox chiming in on your parade.with my edge i dropped .60 in the quarter. stock motor with all the bolt-ons and built tranny and edge converter through 4.10's 13.3's all day long
well the main reason i chimed in was to tell you guys my car will foot to 2200 but the car likes for me to flash the converter from around 1200-1400, so you might want to try that at the track as well as stalling it up.

• Sponsors (?)

Didn't get any video shot due to the rain at home... however I did go to the track Friday night. :D

The car was running like crap on top end, cutting out and surging, My MPH dropped 2-4 mph on the juice. :bang:

However.... I did get new best times out of my car off the bottle! :banana:

My first two runs I ran N/A with the fuel at 39 just like normal. I ran two 14.58s with 2.08 and 2.10 60fts.

Both runs I stalled up to about 2,400 - 2,500. First run I bogged a bit, as I launched then hammered it, but it recovered well. The second didn't seem to bog or spin that much. I stalled up and let off the brake and nailed the gas at the same time. I was lined up with one of those damn open header big boys and it was shaking my car so bad I didn't know what it was doing... I just watch the tach and went. :rolleyes:

Guess it's time to check the plugs and finally put some new wires on the car. Still running on the same wires from when I bought the car with 113k on it. They were taylor wires, but I have no idea how long they've been on the car. :shrug:

Oh, only one thing I'm not happy with and that is that the car seems to surge REALLY bad coming up to stop signs and cruising down the road around 20mph. So bad that the tach goes from 1grand down to 400 and back. I think the problem has always been there, but the little stall makes it show up worse.

The only thing different between the 15.2 and 14.58s was the stall. There "might" have been a variation of 3 psi on fuel pressure.

I was on the exact same street tires too. Told you guys my car bogged like a SOB off the bottle with 6* of timing. :nonono:

Last night the humidity was HIGH.... there was dew on the cars and I had to turn on my defroster to clear up the windshield. :rolleyes:

seems that i'll have to get the stall pretty soon. it seems to me that i'm on track to having the same set up as you. i already have the 4.10s, just need to install and will be gettin and h-pipe with flow path for now. also, what chip do you have and is it really helping?? did you notice a difference with your 65mm tb over the stock??

Let's see.... the T/B was one of the first mods I put on the car. Made no difference back then, so I can't really tell you, although on the juice I'm sure it has to help. :shrug:

The "chip" I have no idea about, it was supposedly in the car when I bought it and I've never pulled the panel to look at it. I just know I don't have a rev limiter (don't ask how I know that :bang: ) but I assumed it has something in it. I probably should pull it out to see if that's part of my idling problems. :roll:

Do you have any timeslips? I've always been curious what my car will run when tuned for non-nitrous, but I'm just too lazy to do it. Plus I don't know how to use a timing light, nor do I have one.

rsw007 said:
another fox chiming in on your parade.with my edge i dropped .60 in the quarter. stock motor with all the bolt-ons and built tranny and edge converter through 4.10's 13.3's all day long
well the main reason i chimed in was to tell you guys my car will foot to 2200 but the car likes for me to flash the converter from around 1200-1400, so you might want to try that at the track as well as stalling it up.

Do you have the mild street edge or the street edge? What stall is your converter?

gcomfx.com said:
Let's see.... the T/B was one of the first mods I put on the car. Made no difference back then, so I can't really tell you, although on the juice I'm sure it has to help. :shrug:

The "chip" I have no idea about, it was supposedly in the car when I bought it and I've never pulled the panel to look at it. I just know I don't have a rev limiter (don't ask how I know that :bang: ) but I assumed it has something in it. I probably should pull it out to see if that's part of my idling problems. :roll:

Do you have any timeslips? I've always been curious what my car will run when tuned for non-nitrous, but I'm just too lazy to do it. Plus I don't know how to use a timing light, nor do I have one.

i would pull the chip out unless its a custom burnt chip for the nitrous. they usually only bump timing and fuel pressure anyway if its out of box chip.

Yup... My car acts very similar to yours with my mild street edge. I am very happy with it. :nice: I'm just hoping with a little more power I will be able to stall it up to about 2,200 rpm... According to Andre, I will be able to. :nice:

I need to get to the track and find out my new ET. :bang:

Guys...I had a PI 3000 in my car and was only able to launch at around 1900rms. I just had it re stalled to 4200. I can foot brake it to at least 3k now. Do you think my 60' and overall times will drop enough to get me to the low 12s. My best ET to date is 12.77 at 109 w/ 1.92 60'

I can't belive they missed the first stall number that bad.... :nonono: That would be frustrating, but then again you have a combo not quite as common as a 302 setup.

If you can get the 3,000 launch to hook you should be very close. :nice:

Man was it ever frustrating...

I was still a 302 when the the 3000 stall was put in. I have yet to try and see how high I can get it to flash or stall. I'll be back at the track on 11/6 and will hopefully have some good results.

Wow that was with a 302 setup and they were off that much? Yikes that sounds like my run of 3 bad stalls before I got the Edge Racing stall. For a guy that's never seen a tranny pulled before, I can now say I've done it 4 times successfully. :rolleyes:

Good luck on the 6th - our track switches to Sundays so on the 7th I may be trying to better my N/A setup while learning how to launch with the stall.