street legal cams

skywarp

Nov 28, 2003
This is probably been asked before but lets review. Would a stage one cam from VT or Comp, even though it doesn't carry an E.O. number pass an IM240 type test? Would it be worth doing a head and cam swap even though you have to use shorties? Has anybody used Crower for a cam company?

• Sponsors (?)

I can't answer any of the other question but the one about Crower's service.

I've used several cams from them for SBC/BBC's (sorry, no Ford stuff). They were very helpful with application selection and had great customer service the time I used them.

Heathdude said:
I can't answer any of the other question but the one about Crower's service.

I've used several cams from them for SBC/BBC's (sorry, no Ford stuff). They were very helpful with application selection and had great customer service the time I used them.

Personnaly, I like the numbers I see with the new Crower modular cams. I want to do cams myself and my goal is to make the swap as easy as possible. With a camsaver tool and stage one Crower cams, the swap will be simple IMHO. No spring change and you don't have to remove the front cover. Of course this is for bolt on cams, Romeo engines only.

http://www.crower.com

camsaver.jpg

If you don't already have the shorties, save up the $$$ and go with JBA. They are the only ones I've ever seen people post good gains with.

BTW, the AFM tool is worth its weight in gold. Saves quite a bit of time.