STREET RACING

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by cerp, Aug 9, 2004.

1. cerp

cerp New Member

I just wanted to vent it seems that there are lots of crack downs involving street racing. I think it sucks that it has come down to setting up undercover and sting operations it has gotten so bad you cant even go to a show without being pulled over. I remember 2 years ago you could go out to any old airport strip, street or track and pull on your buds for 100 bucks or pull on the camaro guys for 300 bucks to spend on mods; anyways those days are dead for now.
    I believe a reason for this downfall was all the import cars with the popularity of the fast and furious and a bunch of these wanna be racers who change their air intake and muffler and call themselves "TUNERS”. I have seen a couple of fast imports and I know it’s not just the imports, it’s also the folks who bring their moms minivan or Camry to the race. I called it quits for now. I know lots of yall' will be mad at the fact that I street race but in regards "when I did it we always made sure the conditions were safe"(mature/with the exception of being highly modified) and anymore it's just unsafe period because you always get that bad apple in the bunch that blows it for everyone that makes me sick, I am working on a turbo kit for my bike but even then it seems like I have nowhere to take it since the tracks are only open for a limited time.
    The cobra is sleeping after September and I guess I will just add weight with a sound system for now, than maybe next year it can come back out.
    Just a piece of mind. :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :shrug:
    :nice: