Suspension Street/strip Front Coil Over Set Up?

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
New York
Looking into a coil over set up. Been looking at the upr stuff, strange and MM. What's everyone running and why? Whats the recommended spring rate for street and strip? What street/strip struts are you using with it? I was looking at the adjustable strange struts.

• Sponsors (?)

Adjustable strange struts/mm 150# springs with their coilovers kit and cc plates is my setup. I just installed these this past summer and put 500-750miles on them. No strip passes yet and I have the struts set in the middle 5-6 setting. They ride very well on the street. I even had one semi emergency braking event and there was a little extra nose dive compared to stock but it was negligible. You will have a little extra noise compared to the standard spring/strut but again it's a negligible difference to me. Even with the "street" setting and some spirited back road runs you can feel the suspension "working". With a softer setting and removing the front swaybar it will definitely transfer. This is the best combo I've ever run. My car was low powered(around 200-225 rwhp) with a 5sp and 3.73 rear. With my present motor combo going together I should see high 11's to low 12's n/a(previous was high 13's and 12.30's with nitrous-no coilovers/and ran eibach springs)

Reactions: 1 user
Are you running the cheap strange adjustables that are like $115? Those were what I was looking at. I gotta research spring rates and see pro's n cons.
Yes. If just driving on street/strip I would go 150-175# Very little body roll in curves etc but definitely more than a traditional stiff lowering spring. Call maximum and ask for suggestions. Team z told me to use the 150's and they are perfect for me.

Y
Do you notice the weight transfer with them when you get on it? The lower the spring rate the more drag-street/strip they are?
es you can feel it transfer. This is with the struts set at a medium/stiff setting. If I set the struts to full loose it should feel like the old 90/10's or something comparable. And yes the lower the number the "softer" the spring rate. For an example most handling springs I've seen are around 200-300# which are very stiff. Most drag racers run the 150's. That's what I went with and they are very acceptable on the street. A couple of other members on here are running 175's because they wanted error on the side of street manners/some handling(around stock body roll) etc an yet have a little more transfer over a stock spring. If you just drive yours on the street without trying to "carve" corners AND want maximum straight line performance, go with the 150's. That's just my .02

Adjustable strange struts/mm 150# springs with their coilovers kit and cc plates is my setup. I just installed these this past summer and put 500-750miles on them. No strip passes yet and I have the struts set in the middle 5-6 setting. They ride very well on the street. I even had one semi emergency braking event and there was a little extra nose dive compared to stock but it was negligible. You will have a little extra noise compared to the standard spring/strut but again it's a negligible difference to me. Even with the "street" setting and some spirited back road runs you can feel the suspension "working". With a softer setting and removing the front swaybar it will definitely transfer. This is the best combo I've ever run. My car was low powered(around 200-225 rwhp) with a 5sp and 3.73 rear. With my present motor combo going together I should see high 11's to low 12's n/a(previous was high 13's and 12.30's with nitrous-no coilovers/and ran eibach springs)

you using 14 or 12 inch springs