street vs. track....

• Sponsors (?)

Yea the intake it self is street legal, but, are the heads street legal? do they have the holes in the back for the thingie pipe that unites the heads and the holes where the heads meet the lower intake? Sorry for my technical terms... :rolleyes:
Does anybody have the full Track Heat h/c/i that has passed Northern VA emissions with stage one cam?

Yea the intake it self is street legal, but, are the heads street legal? do they have the holes in the back for the thingie pipe that unites the heads and the holes where the heads meet the lower intake? Sorry for my technical terms... :rolleyes:
Does anybody have the full Track Heat h/c/i that has passed Northern VA emissions with stage one cam?

Just drive to southern VA where they dont even check emissions. It is only about a two hour trip. Maybe a little longer. But you would only have to do it once a year.

Theres no reason not to get the track heat, thats what I have.

How much power are you making with the track heat kit? And are you running a stroker or 302? I'm building a 347(12.5:1cr). I plan on getting the track heat kit. I am going to get the spring upgrade and use the stage two cam I already have. I am also getting the heads ported and the intake to match. So I want to see what everyone is making with the kit straight out the box. Without any port work.

How much power are you making with the track heat kit? And are you running a stroker or 302? I'm building a 347(12.5:1cr). I plan on getting the track heat kit. I am going to get the spring upgrade and use the stage two cam I already have. I am also getting the heads ported and the intake to match. So I want to see what everyone is making with the kit straight out the box. Without any port work.

Plz tell me you are joking about putting a 12.5:1 347 together and using a track heat intake and a stg 1 cam?????????

If you're running a 355-373 gear, use the street intake, if 410, use the track heat.

Plz tell me you are joking about putting a 12.5:1 347 together and using a track heat intake and a stg 1 cam?????????

If you're running a 355-373 gear, use the street intake, if 410, use the track heat.

No Im upgrading the springs and using my stage II I already have. I will be using 4.10's. I'm running high compression because I want all the power I can get NA. I dont want to spend any extra dough on nitrous, turbo or s/c. I was going to get a KB but it's too expensive. Even used they are high as hell.

Just drive to southern VA where they dont even check emissions. It is only about a two hour trip. Maybe a little longer. But you would only have to do it once a year.

So you are saying that I should drive down to southern va, Get a safety and emissions test performed in a place where emissions in not required? I'm confused :shrug:

Regardless, just to verify, the track heat will not pass emissions, Correct?

No Im upgrading the springs and using my stage II I already have. I will be using 4.10's. I'm running high compression because I want all the power I can get NA. I dont want to spend any extra dough on nitrous, turbo or s/c. I was going to get a KB but it's too expensive. Even used they are high as hell.

uhh, if your going to spend all that money on a 347 12.5:1 stroker get a trickflow R intake/RPM 2/systemmax II and a custom cam....Im about to swtich over to custom even with my 302 setup.

uhh, if your going to spend all that money on a 347 12.5:1 stroker get a trickflow R intake/RPM 2/systemmax II and a custom cam....Im about to swtich over to custom even with my 302 setup.

The R intake manifold uses a 90mm throttle body doesnt it? Thats way too much for me since Im not going forced induction.......I think my combo will put my between 350-400hp with the stage II cam. That's all I need.

The R intake manifold uses a 90mm throttle body doesnt it? Thats way too much for me since Im not going forced induction.......I think my combo will put my between 350-400hp with the stage II cam. That's all I need.

First off, a 90mm tb is NOT "too much" for a 12.5:1 347.

Second, theres a 75mm version of the R intake. I run that with my 75mm tb. A 90mm would be ideal but I wanted to keep my egr and the 90mm version doesn't have this.