Stripes on a 2008 Mustang GT

I'm planning on getting some 12 inch wide stripes for my 08 GT, and from the looks of things, installation won't be difficult, just time-consuming.

Which I can deal with :nice:

So, I was wondering, if I just buy 19 feet of uncut vinyl (from AM), how am I supposed to deal with the license plate area?

Look at the box around the license plate

I can obviously cut all the parts for the rest of the car (roof, hood, etc, that should be easy), but getting this little piece on the rear bumper doesn't look like much fun :notnice:

Anyways, I can't wait to do this! I'll definitely get some pics up once this is finished!

Thanks! :D

• Sponsors (?)

now, i would kinda agree for that back part, the rest should be pretty easy.
lay it down on the hood, cut a little bit extra like 3 inches or so on each end, and just wrap it. the only problem areas i could see are the front bumper and rear bumper. for 170 for the BSM precut stripes, vs the like 50 or whatever it is from american muscle. just take your time thats all.

now, i would kinda agree for that back part, the rest should be pretty easy.
lay it down on the hood, cut a little bit extra like 3 inches or so on each end, and just wrap it. the only problem areas i could see are the front bumper and rear bumper. for 170 for the BSM precut stripes, vs the like 50 or whatever it is from american muscle. just take your time thats all.

Yeah. Rear bumper looks like a joy... :shrug:
And surprisingly the front bumper looks a little difficult as well.

The AM stripes are $80, and like you said the BSM's are $170...

I can most likely do it if I can get the following info-

Is the rear "GT (fake) gas cap" (the GT symbol) easily removable?
Is the rear third brake light removable?
Are the windshield sprayer things on the hood easily removable?

Anything else I can't think of at the moment... I can probably easily take of the spoiler and do that separately.

Otherwise, I think the $170 will be well spent if installation will simply be applying!
:shrug:

Yeah. Rear bumper looks like a joy... :shrug:
And surprisingly the front bumper looks a little difficult as well.

The AM stripes are $80, and like you said the BSM's are $170...

I can most likely do it if I can get the following info-

Is the rear "GT (fake) gas cap" (the GT symbol) easily removable?
Is the rear third brake light removable?
Are the windshield sprayer things on the hood easily removable?

Anything else I can't think of at the moment... I can probably easily take of the spoiler and do that separately.

Otherwise, I think the $170 will be well spent if installation will simply be applying!
:shrug:

not sure on the windshield sprayer nozzles are removed probably just pop in and out. i'll take a look at that tomorrow, but the third brake light is most likely bolted in. unbolt it and pull it out of the way., i'll take a look in mine tomorrow and get back to you on that. the fake gas cap is most likely just a nipple. just like the fender emblems and etc.

the only thing i would be worried about is the front bumper is above the license plate. and then the back i'd be worried about under the license plate.

not sure on the windshield sprayer nozzles are removed probably just pop in and out. i'll take a look at that tomorrow, but the third brake light is most likely bolted in. unbolt it and pull it out of the way., i'll take a look in mine tomorrow and get back to you on that. the fake gas cap is most likely just a nipple. just like the fender emblems and etc.

the only thing i would be worried about is the front bumper is above the license plate. and then the back i'd be worried about under the license plate.

My state doesn't require a front license plate :D

If the rear GT emblem thing can come off... I think I can pull it off.

It'll just be a long, long day. :p

So... I think I've come up with a way to do this. I'm getting the rear blackout panel with GT insert anyways so I can simply trace that circle onto the stripes and cut that out.

For the brake light stripe, I'm also getting a cover thing for it so it'll say "Mustang" when I brake. I can trace that then cut the stripes.

I already traced the rear license plate box area, that part was easy.

For the front bumper, I'll sorta be wingin' it. It doesn't seem too difficult.