Stroker or Turbo? You pick....

Which route would u go?

• Total voters
nmcgrawj said:
Please feel FREE to explain more here or in a PM :nice:
go check out http://musclemotorsports.com you will prolly have to call on lower end stuff to see what they have in stock.

basically the run down would be a used sonny bryant crank with a 3.35" stroke. $1k

a used set of 6.2" carillo/lentz rods with forged pistons.$1200(rods and pistons) they usually don't have svo blocks in stock so you will have to get a custom piston-which they can provide. if they do have svo blocks and you have the cash you would be my hero. roller cam bearings, big bore oh yeah.

you can also buy a used set of yates heads if you want to get real crazy. a set of used heads with new springs, titanium valves, jesel shft mount setup, yates intake, sheet metal valve covers, some misc stuff will run about 4200.

if you sub the yates heads for a good set of tf-r series or any other big flowing head and a vic jr or spyder intake i don't see why you can't hit 600hp.

so if you just do a .030" overbore that gets you like a 342ci windsor. if you do an svo block or any other big bore block you get a 357ci motor. you can build a badass bottom end for affordable and as with any buildup the upper end is where the money is. just think, big heads/intake, solid roller cam, three stage dry sump. big revs all day and when you pop the hood not your everyday bs.

you could also look into http://araoengineering.com if you want to make some good power all motor.

• Sponsors (?)

For all that junk and all that money, you'd better make every bit of 600 horsepower at 8500 RPM...

An AFR205 w/ shaft rockers and a solid cam could do that no problem. Then you don't have to worry about when your used stuff is gonna let go.

Joe

Joes95GT said:
For all that junk and all that money, you'd better make every bit of 600 horsepower at 8500 RPM...

An AFR205 w/ shaft rockers and a solid cam could do that no problem. Then you don't have to worry about when your used stuff is gonna let go.

Joe
i would trust a used sonny bryant crank over any other forged crank out there. max miles on a used crank is 1000--that's two races, and how many teams use the same motor for 2 races. i have held a 37lb billet sonny bryant crank that was used and i have to say you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. the 8500 part becomes much less problematic with quality internals, used or not. note used not worn out.

as far as the hp goes, it all depends on the topend. 750 is attainable with yates heads/intake n/a with only 5.7 liters of displacement.

bimmertech said:
i would trust a used sonny bryant crank over any other forged crank out there. max miles on a used crank is 1000--that's two races, and how many teams use the same motor for 2 races. i have held a 37lb billet sonny bryant crank that was used and i have to say you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. the 8500 part becomes much less problematic with quality internals, used or not. note used not worn out.

as far as the hp goes, it all depends on the topend. 750 is attainable with yates heads/intake n/a with only 5.7 liters of displacement.
I don't agree with much of the post, mainly the bolded part.

First, unless you are a magnafluxing machine, you could hold 9000 cranks and that comparison wouldn't be valid.

Second, why do you think NASCAR guys take off these parts? Because they are fatiguing. If they could last for another 500 miles safely, I'd bet that they would use them. Lots and lots of testing has definitely given them an "operating life" and after that, they are useless (to those people), and IMO, useless in this case, especially if you are talking closer to that 750 figure.

Running those parts at the same horsepower levels as the NASCAR guys did for an extended period of time would be asking someone to take lots of money from you.

Joe