Strong Smell Of Gas After Bolt Ons

Myred95stang

Jun 19, 2016
I have a 95GT 5.0. No internal mods, just under drive pulleys (prev owner), MSD IGN but not MSD coil, (prev owner). He had no cats on H mid pipe on 2.5" stainless BBK EXHAUST with shorty headers. I installed catted BBK X-pipe and BBK CAI. Now my car smells like gas. Not inside, but when I put the top down is pretty strong. Any ideas as to how to tune? Do I need a tuned chip? This is all new for me so I could use the help!

• Sponsors (?)

Should add that with those mods a tune isn't needed but if you start adding things like a CAI and bigger TB,change injectors and MAF the a tuner should be added,but for now sounds like a o2 sensor is bad.

Thanks Ranger! I'll replace the O2 sensors, it's easy enough. Question though, how do I get codes from a 95? It's not an OBDll? It's pre 96. I'd love to know how. And I don't know what you mean by KOEO. I know enough about cars to be dangerous to myself! Lol. Always willing to learn!

KOEO = Key on engine off.

I just went to the parts store and bought a OBD 1 code reader for 30 bucks its the easiest way and if you plan on keeping the car for awhile its nice to have.

Last edited: