strut tower brace and subframe connector questions for 1999 vert

tsacch

Jun 3, 2009
I just added a JLT CAI....and was wondering id/f anyone knows of a strut tower brace that will fit with that intake? Also what subframe connector recommendations do anyone have. Do i remove the stock ones and then add new or what?

• Sponsors (?)

Stock ones? Was not aware they came with SFCs :shrug:
I would get Maximum Motorsports FLSFCs :nice: And no, no STBs will fit with the JLT :(

oh....ok....so much for thinking my vert is stock.....looks like square tubing from front to bacl subframe connectors.....honna measure them tonite...i am sure they are bolt in ones....and i thought they were stock

oh....ok....so much for thinking my vert is stock.....looks like square tubing from front to bacl subframe connectors.....honna measure them tonite...i am sure they are bolt in ones....and i thought they were stock

You are correct.

Convertibles were equipped with "bolt in" style subframe connectors from the factory at Dearborn. However, the "weld in" style aftermarket subframe connectors are far more superior than the factory SFCs (due to the better rigidity, etc). Additionally, full length subrames are "better" than the regular length subframes.

Definitely take a look underneath your car to see what you have - it's very possible the previous owner(s) may have removed the factory subframes and added aftermarket subframe connectors.

:cheers:

You are correct.

Convertibles were equipped with "bolt in" style subframe connectors from the factory at Dearborn. However, the "weld in" style aftermarket subframe connectors are far more superior than the factory SFCs (due to the better rigidity, etc). Additionally, full length subrames are "better" than the regular length subframes.

Definitely take a look underneath your car to see what you have - it's very possible the previous owner(s) may have removed the factory subframes and added aftermarket subframe connectors.

:cheers:
Ah, thanks. I was not sure. I had an 03 Cobra vert but the previous owner put in MM FLSFCs so I just assumed they did not havethem :shrug:

Just bolt in connectors here......I was pretty sure the car was full bone stock......untill I got a hold of it that is.....but saving all the pieces. I actually just replaced the headlights with 2001 smoked headlights....looks great, much better than the chrome, totally skanked over lights that were on there.