strut tower brace for 95 GT?

johnny_munyak

Aug 7, 2008
I've got a GT 40/Explorer upper and lower intake to install on my car and will need a different struf tower brace for clearance I am told.

What do I need and where do I acquire one?

Is one really necessary or can I just remove it and not worry about it??

I've heard that edelbrock and Ford Motorsports both make one. Anyone else??

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a GT 40/Explorer upper and lower intake to install on my car and will need a different struf tower brace for clearance I am told.

What do I need and where do I acquire one?

Is one really necessary or can I just remove it and not worry about it??

I've heard that edelbrock and Ford Motorsports both make one. Anyone else??

Well, mines removed because of the KB and the same year Cobras didn't come with one. I'm not worried and I have a 'vert.

The later Mustangs were predrilled for one, but didn't come with one. I've driven around with it off before (like I got lazy and left it off for 3 years), and I could hardly tell the difference.

Kurt

BBK makes one as well that will clear, but like others have said, it's not needed. I didn't run one for years and just put one on a bit ago, didn't really notice a difference.

Well, mines removed because of the KB and the same year Cobras didn't come with one. I'm not worried and I have a 'vert.

If you have the vert you should have the lower x-brace underneath the engine. If you dont you should at least have subframe connectors. Im pretty sure verts do not come with strut tower brace from factory. I added one since I removed the x-brace underneath the engine. That x-brace is great for keeping unibody from twisting, but makes for a rough time in working on anything.

strut tower brace

I noticed the difference between having one and not having one. I have a vert. Straight driving, who would notice but if you do a round-about on-ramp a little faster then the recommended or posted speed limit :), you can notice a difference. I have one and plan to keep it on. Pretty sure its a mac or bbk. I did have to cut some of the excess off of a bracket near where it sits by the throttle body cable and bracket. But it fits like a glove. Im 95% sure its a mac. I got mine from brothersperformance on clearance a couple years ago. bout a 100 bucks for the black one.

If you have the vert you should have the lower x-brace underneath the engine. If you dont you should at least have subframe connectors. Im pretty sure verts do not come with strut tower brace from factory. I added one since I removed the x-brace underneath the engine. That x-brace is great for keeping unibody from twisting, but makes for a rough time in working on anything.

Well, it did come with the STB. Maybe because it's as auto. Subframes have been welded in and the X or K brace is on.

=DarkStallion095;7905215]I noticed the difference between having one and not having one. I have a vert. Straight driving, who would notice but if you do a round-about on-ramp a little faster then the recommended or posted speed limit :), you can notice a difference

What kind of difference are you thinking of? I do have the FRPP M-5400A suspension system and I am usely good for speeds well above the recommended rate. Of course, an alignment that is set for the twisties helps a lot as well.