stuck cd

any ideas how to get a cd out of a stock streeo? it keeps trying to play, going from radio to cd and back agaim - constantly!

Thinking about installing an alpine, but what do I put in the spot that the cd was? Are there any options that were installed there from the factory?
any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

HairyCanary said:
And the pocket is available from your Ford dealer for about $20.

You can also buy the pocket at an install shop for about $15. Take the CD player out and take the top cover off. You should be able to get to the CD to slid it back out and if you want to keep the stereo, put the cover back on and plug it back in. Should be really easy if you like the CD and are not ready to buy a new headunit.

Paul

I thought that I also saw some pockets like that, for various models and years, at Wal-Mart. I mean, its not the best or anything, but if you don't care, and just want to cover up the space, I doubt it is very expensive. If you go there and there isn't any, I am sorry that I steered you wrong. Anyone else know if Wal-Mart sells these?

Yea...when I put in my Pioneer, I used a install kit and the pocket is held in by the two pieces of the pocket snapping togeather.....

anywho..two of the four snaps broke so if I try to put something in the pocket it falls apart. As long as I don't touch it it is fine.

Therefore, the Ford pocket will probably be the best! :nice:
(I think i'll go get one :shrug: )