Stumbles at 3000rpm

frcefedlx

Dec 6, 2004
I have been chasing a gremlin for a while now and here is what I have come up with. While monitoring the voltage on my TPS it will go from below 1 volt and as it hits three volts while opening throttle it will blank out and show nothing until i pass this point. I am thinking there should not be a dead spot there and think this would cause the stumble I experience at about 3000rpm. any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Check the output of the tps with the motor not running :Word:

Might have to take it off ... I don't know :shrug:
but
Here is the main idea :)

You ought to see a nice smooth sweep on your gauge ;)

No herky jerky kinda thing should be seen :nono:

Grady

Yes, the motor was off and just a nice gradual sweep of the throttle blade while I watched the voltage rise. It hits 3 volts and then nothing and appears to be intermittent above that. This is the last thing I really looked at so it has to be the problem. I was always leading towards an electrical issue because I could monitor fuel and checked everything else. So I guess a new TPS is in order.

I have checked the timing and checked it again, all is good. I pulled all plugs and everything seems to check out there as well. they appear to be firing. The only discrepancy is the TPS voltage going dead as it hits 3 volts. I plan to do a good tune up along with the TPS however I will do just the TPS first and see what the results are from just that. I like to give it all new plugs, cap and rotor and check it all out around springtime anyway.