Stumped

• Sponsors (?)

Host the video on photobucket. I'd like to hear it. Wondering if the throttle blade is closed too far or the iac is out. But it should idle smoothly with the blade cracked

Host the video on photobucket. I'd like to hear it. Wondering if the throttle blade is closed too far or the iac is out. But it should idle smoothly with the blade cracked

Changed the IAC, still does the same thing. Cleaned the MAF, still the same thing. Gonna check the timing later and get that out of the way. If not the only thing i can think of is a vacuum leak, but i highly doubt that.

Fuel pressure is good. You have spark. Now check the TPS. KOEO you want to see a TPS signal of between .65v to 1.25v (these are the adaptive learning parameters for the ECU). When doing this test use the TPS ground only. Also, confirm the TPS reference voltage. That must be 5v. If you haven't already done this remove and clean the battery to engine and engine to chassis grounds. The sensors all need solid return ground paths.

Did you ever mention what work you did since the last time it ran correctly?

Nothing other than the car sat for a couple years. Just started it up here and there. But since i started the resto it wasn't idling too good. idle was shaky but it was enough to move the car out of the driveway and onto the street.

UPDATE:

IT IDLES!

It idles, but barely. Gonna check the timing and see where its at. May replace the cap, rotor and plugs.

Just thought of it. Maybe the oxygen sensors? I have long tubes if it means anything,

Nothing other than the car sat for a couple years. Just started it up here and there. But since i started the resto it wasn't idling too good. idle was shaky but it was enough to move the car out of the driveway and onto the street.

UPDATE:

IT IDLES!

It idles, but barely. Gonna check the timing and see where its at. May replace the cap, rotor and plugs.

Just thought of it. Maybe the oxygen sensors? I have long tubes if it means anything,
Find an obdi scanner

Reactions: 1 user
It sucks none of the autozones etc have em behind the counter anymore, only obdii. I had to break down and buy a summit cheapie. It kinda sucks but better than nothing I guess.

To be straight up honest, i would rather buy an OBD I scanner rather than using the test light and jumper method. The test light and jumper method just seems too complex for my mild adult ADD to comprehend. lol

Reactions: 1 users