Stupid deer!!

• Sponsors (?)

94MustangGT5.0 said:
I hit a deer this weekend... with an arrow. 9 pointer, not too bad for my first time out hunting this year.

Fellow bow hunter :D pix?

i havent bowed down anything yet.
6494.jpg

for those of you who think your suv will keep you safe from our furry friends

Attachments

• 6494.jpg
    6494.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 73
Glad you didn't get that thing in the Stang dude. I just dodged (if you'll excuse the phrase!) a doe about a week ago. Man, she just was walking across the road when I saw her. I slammed on the brakes (good thing no one was right behind me) and the deer started to try to run and just sort of slipped and peeled-out. Well, she finally got traction and got out of the way. Missed by about 5-10 feet. I was in our company '99 F-150, not the Stang. That's real good for the heart at about 7:30 in the morning on a nice little drive in the country.

Phil

strokedandblown said:
Fellow bow hunter :D pix?

i havent bowed down anything yet.
Yeah, I took some with a disposable camera I always carry with me when I hunt, but I haven't got them developed yet. I'll post some pictures sometime when I get the film developed. BTW, those pictures were outright frightening. I knew someone in high school who was following someone home one night, the guy in front of him hit a deer, it flipped up and over the first car and came hoof first through this guys windshield and hit him in the face. And for those of you who don't know how hard a deer's hoof is, it would be like getting hit in the face with an I-beam. Anyways, it severred his optical nerve and he only has 10% vision in one eye now, scary stuff.:(

I thought he hit it too by the title good thing you missed it. i work nights so i am driving home about 2 or 3 in the morning so i keep my eyes peeled for them. Seen a few had one standing in the road in front of me one morning but he moved. Noticed a doe on the side of the road in that area today going to work.

One hit my moms montero few years ago and rolled down the side messed it up pretty good. 1 good thing about insuranse though atleast with ours is hitting a deer is a "freak of nature" accident they pay for all repairs no questions asked.

That Dodge is ****ed up never seen anything like that before.

Aaron that moose story is crazy

CManT1914 said:
Where we live, the deer are so tame, I can stand out in my backyard and shoot about 5 at any given time. They just walk around our pastures all times of the day, even when I drive down our road in the stang, they just stare at me and watch me pass..

:stupid: Yep, when we'd be at tank gunnery at Hood both the deer and the cattle would just stare at us despite the loud booms...perhaps they're not tame, only deaf from the explosions and blind from our laser range finders Chris! :D
Tim

Chris, one other thing that is worth mentioning - look out for rabbits and little animals like that (you guys have some weird animals out there in Texas. :D ) when you are on the bike.

If you run over one, it can catch on the fender and go inside. Once it lodges between the fender and tire, the wheel can lock up. That aint good.

18mustangs said:
:stupid: Yep, when we'd be at tank gunnery at Hood both the deer and the cattle would just stare at us despite the loud booms...perhaps they're not tame, only deaf from the explosions and blind from our laser range finders Chris! :D
Tim

lmao, have yall ever accidentally hit one?

HISSIN50 said:
Chris, one other thing that is worth mentioning - look out for rabbits and little animals like that (you guys have some weird animals out there in Texas. :D ) when you are on the bike.

If you run over one, it can catch on the fender and go inside. Once it lodges between the fender and tire, the wheel can lock up. That aint good.

rabbits, coons, possums, armadillos, skunks, squirrels, foxes, all kinds of stuff, yep.

Ooh..... that would suck getting one of those wedged in the fender. Just imagine the clean up job (assuming I didn't crash, lol)!