Stupid Glass packs. (exhaust hlp plz)

MY Cobra

Mar 22, 2004
Franklin NC
The person that had the car before me put on glass packs on my cobra. I am looking to get a cat back system on my cobra and a X pipe with no cats. Any ideas on brands? I see MAC has some how are those? So does flowmaster. I am gonna need some of those mil eliminators or whatever they are called to mess with my check engine light too. I am looking to spend around 600 maybe 650 shipped. For the cat back x pipe and eliminators. People say that the weld ins are almost as good as the cat backs any thoughts on that? Feel free to point me in the right direction of where to buy them. thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

FWIW, there is no Magnapack catback offered for the IRS cobras (99/01 & 03/04). If you did want to go with Magnapack mufflers, you could buy a couple and have them welded into your factory catback OR purchase the regular Magnaflow catback and two Magnapack mufflers, have an exhaust shop massage the Magnapack mufflers into the catback and sell the two leftover "regular" Magnaflow mufflers to recoup some of the additional costs.

I would just recommend the regular Magnaflow catback though, as it is a proven performer.

It's probably best to listen to several different exhaust combos in person to get a feel for what you want, since exhaust sound is such a subjective topic. If that isn't possible, then do the next best thing and listen to various exhaust sound clips/movies (be sure to check out the mustangexhaust site that someone mentioned above).

I'm happy with my exhaust combo (see sig), as it is very tame during normal driving and rather "stealthy." When you stomp on the pedal though, the exhaust note comes to life...

You'll find lots of available combinations out there for exhaust, just do your research beforehand and you'll be fine. :cheers:

Or just buy the 4inch rounds like I did. I have the catted X pipe with the magnaflow catback with my 01 cobra... I replace the oval magnaflow mufflers with the four inch rounds.. part number 14416 I believe. This setup would be similiar to "stupid glass packs" (I guess) but in my opinion it sounds awesome. Yes it is louder than having the oval magnaflow mufflers but I think it sounds great. I would also say it is quieter than harley exhaust also.
Plus it is hilarious to see some of the ricers I pull up next to, sink in there seats, and look away with shame...