Stupid Question: 96-98 Tailights in 94-95 GT?

• Sponsors (?)

good idea superdust.

By changing your lights over to a 96 tail light, your car won't run right...something about the electrical system....i think you have to replace the entire electrical system if you do it

Why do I have to "show everyone I have a 5.0"? Should I show everyone I'm running a 100 shot too?

I simply like the way the verticals look better- reminds me more of the tri-bars on the classic Mustangs.

I didn't ask how to install neon lights or what fake NOS-subwoofer works best, for god's sake.

To those who gave me straight answers, thanks.

We weren't trying to flame you, it's just that in these forums, we're more dedicated to the 5 litre look. The two years that the SN95 platform was available with a 5.0 are going to be rare in the future, so my personal opinion is that I'd like to keep the horizontals on there, that way, in 2020 someone can look at the car and say, "hey, that's an old pushrod engine" and be happy that they saw a little taste of the classic engine at work...

does that make any sense?

i personally like the 96-98 look better. if it werent for the adaptor harness, id have a set on my car now (had to replace a tail a few weeks ago). besides when i see the vertical tails, i almost automatically say "thats a crappy 4.6, ill whoop him" it would be a shock to me if one kept up or beat me and then i find out its a 5.0

The two years that the SN95 platform was available with a 5.0 are going to be rare in the future, so my personal opinion is that I'd like to keep the horizontals on there, that way, in 2020 someone can look at the car and say, "hey, that's an old pushrod engine" and be happy that they saw a little taste of the classic engine at work...

Makes perfect sense, I hadn't considered that.

I don't know that my car will make it to 2020, but if I make the swap I'll probably keep the stock tailights around in case I ever decide to change my mind.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Swarzkopf said:
Makes perfect sense, I hadn't considered that.

I don't know that my car will make it to 2020, but if I make the swap I'll probably keep the stock tailights around in case I ever decide to change my mind.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Good idea, if you're going to change them, then you can still have them if you ever choose to fully restore it to factory specs. Good luck with the swap though, you're going to require a small cheap adapter (look through mustang mags) but it's very possible.

Swarzkopf said:
Why do I have to "show everyone I have a 5.0"? Should I show everyone I'm running a 100 shot too?

I simply like the way the verticals look better- reminds me more of the tri-bars on the classic Mustangs.

I didn't ask how to install neon lights or what fake NOS-subwoofer works best, for god's sake.

To those who gave me straight answers, thanks.

I think xr8d302 pretty much summed it up. The vertical taillight's do look cleaner than our but that was one the few things that made to easy to tell us apart from the 4.6. You do what ever you like. IT's Your Car. But most 94-95 won't agree with putting them on. I guess we are a little biased though.

Dustin

I don't mind the 96-98 vertical tailights. I have a pair. And yes they are the euro's, but they don't look like euro's anymore after I painted the bezel the same color as the car and blacked out the lense with VHT paint. I like the custom look of my tailights, but I still have the horizontals at home.