Stupid Question?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by talladam, Feb 9, 2008.

1. I've played around with my tweecer rt to get a better idle, remove smog, etc. But I was wondering, how do I know what changes to make? I've datalogged a few times but what do I do with it then? Does the tweecer suggest changes to make or do I need to review each datalog with a fine tooth comb and adjust from there?
    I currently don't have a wb o2, but am waiting on my DIY wb o2 from www.14point7.com

I use BE and EA instead of Caljunk.

Maybe I'm an idoit,
    Adam

2. What changes have you made?
    Are you still having any issues?

EA proposes some tune changes...

3. Take a look at what I had posted on eectuning http://eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=53686&highlight=#53686

I guess I just haven't played around enough with the tweecer to get EA to suggest a tune/change. I imported datalogs but didn't really see what to change, scalars?, not sure what I am supposed to change. When entering hp and all the info I have into the one tab (not on the laptop with BE and EA at the moment) all the numbers were skewed.

Adam

4. Adam,
    I scanned through the eectuning thread....

EXACTLY what changes have you made to the .bin file? (you should be keeping a list of all the parameters you are changing...)
    Are you using CalEdit to load a file to the tweecer?

I guess I'm not really sure what you are asking...
    do you want smoother idle?
    more power?
    better economy?
    etc.....?

jason

5. Better economy is what I'm shooting for as a starting point. I'd like to really know how to use the tweecer before I put my 351 in the car. I've got the list of what I changed at home, at work right now.

I guess I didn't really see the tweecer suggesting any changes, just wondered where I should look.

No I'm strictly using BE and EA, no caledit or calcon.

Adam

6. Adam,
    When you get a chance post up your current tune changes.

Look into the DFSO (Decel Fuel Shut Off) settings for some mpg improvements.
    As a starting point you can copy the DFSO scalars from the X3Z tune.
    I had to tweak my DFSO settings a little before I was happy with it, but the X3Z settings were fairly close...

That should help a little, but I am assuming you have already gone through the MAF Transfer and Injector Slopes/Offsets..........

jason

7. I'll have to fire up my laptop when I get home tonight. I've loaded the W4HO (95gt) transfer for the MAF but haven't messed with the injector slopes/offsets, not really sure what to do with those, still have the stock 19#'s. Fuel Pressure is at stock setting.

What I've done so far.
    -Compensated for the 80mm TB (overkillf or now, long story).
    -Loaded 95 GT MAF Transfer.
    -Disabled EGR
    -Added timing in the WOT vs Advance section. 6deg is added starting at 3k or 3500, can't recall at the moment.
    -Adjusted Idle slightly.
    -Disabled the CEL.
    -Moddified the rev limiter to around 6k and 6500, can't recall for sure at the moment.
    -Removed the speed limiter which never seemed to work before.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. Just trying to get prepared before spring, car has been stored since end of November.

I used to run my car at 16deg advanced by adjusting the dist. When I got the TwEECer, I set it back to base and only used the ADV. vs WOT.

I appreciate the time you've take to answer my posts.
    Adam

8. I found out what is causing drivablility issues. i.e. sudden loss of power like the motor is flooding with the throttle body fully open. My logs show the ECT going to -246 and ACT to -60 (or similar). Not sure why this is happening but when I go back to the #5 position (tweecer bypass), everything is fine.

I double checked my settings.
    - disable cel/egr/speed limiter
    -95gt maf transfer loaded.
    -ADV vs WOT is increased from 3500rpm on up a total of 4 degrees.
    -.72 TB airflow, based on datalogging for two minutes with the iac unplugged and then averaging the outcome.

I even loaded a strategy from a 95 gt on position 2 to clear things out. Put the switch to pos. 2, turned key on, waiting 10 seconds, pump ran continously, turned car off, put the switch back to pos. 1 and started it.

That's all I've done so far.

Adam

9. Adam,
    I don't want to seem like I am shrugging you off, but I'm not sure what to do with your ECT/ACT issues.

There have been some weird things reported with CalCon an BE (older versions of BE, I think Clint fixed something recently...).

Check out EECTuning.org
    (if the site ever comes back up....)
    jason

10. Anybody happen to know where I can find the link to the fix for the weird data reading for Calcon??

11. Make sure you have the current version...

If that doesn't help... :shrug:

then move on to BE...

jason

12. Adam mentioned something about deleting the CEL, what is that?

One more thing I was curious about was TB air flow. How important is that? i have HCI but my TB flow is stock and my car kicks over and idles surprisingly well. Every time I have messed with it, my idle gets twacked out.

thanks
    Eric

13. Eric,
    I assumed Adam was disabling the emissions junk to 'delete the CEL'.........

I don't think I ever got around to changing the TB Airflow on my tune...
    My 408w with a 70mm TB idled ok...

With your stock TB you shouldn't really need to, but it may be interesting to check anyway.

jason