Stupid Rain!

sade04

Sep 13, 2004
Lansdale, PA
Its been raining pretty hard off and on yesterday/today around here. So this afternoon I get into my car today and start driving and I hear this splashing sound coming from the back of my car. Im like wtf? As im driving I take a quick look in the back and dont see anything. Then i make a turn and hear the same splashing/swooshing sound but ALOT louder, so i pull over and look all around inside the car and nothing. then i climb into the back and look behind the back seat where the conv. top folds into and i see water like 5in high! I was planning on having the top replaced this coming summer, but i guess itll have to be done now. Have any of you vert guys had this problem and it wasnt b/c the top was getting old? maybe just change the seals and wait on getting the top changed? Ill post pics when its light out. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I was getting water in my trunk as well, tho I have a coupe. It was leaking behind the plastic panel on the left, and had apparently been there a while - I didn't recognize the ruaty penny at first. After spending several weeks working on it, I found a small crack near the deck lid hinge. I missed it several times looking over the area. Some black RTV around the spot where the hinge meets the body and no more leak.

Probably not the cause of yuor leak, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. :shrug:

Chythar said:
I was getting water in my trunk as well, tho I have a coupe. It was leaking behind the plastic panel on the left, and had apparently been there a while - I didn't recognize the ruaty penny at first. After spending several weeks working on it, I found a small crack near the deck lid hinge. I missed it several times looking over the area. Some black RTV around the spot where the hinge meets the body and no more leak.

Probably not the cause of yuor leak, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. :shrug:

mine leaks too like the whole are around the trunk was just the drivers side but now i think the pass side it too its got old calk or silicone in there now i'm gonna rip all that out and re silicone it up good one of these days