Stupid Rolling Advertisement....

SilverS550

Mar 5, 2015
East Alabama
Okay, I get it, the forum has to make money. Roger that.....

But, that stupid rolling advertisement for cleaning products that bounces all around and pops back up everytime you switch a page is flat annoying.

Anytime I'm here on the phone or the iPad, that stupid rolling ad thing at the bottom always gets in the way.

Like I said, I get it, advertising pays the bills.....but I ain't buying flowery cleaning products and that stupid ad bouncing around makes me not want to use the forum. It's really that annoying.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, I get it, the forum has to make money. Roger that.....

But, that stupid rolling advertisement for cleaning products that bounces all around and pops back up everytime you switch a page is flat annoying.

Anytime I'm here on the phone or the iPad, that stupid rolling ad thing at the bottom always gets in the way.

Like I said, I get it, advertising pays the bills.....but I ain't buying flowery cleaning products and that stupid ad bouncing around makes me not want to use the forum. It's really that annoying.

Agreed. Sometimes these advertisers like to start er... NEW stuff. What skin are you in? Are you on a computer or mobile device?

@MRaburn

That's one of the reasons I root my phones/tablets. I have the "Xposed" Framework installed and I use MinMinGuard to block ads. I never see any ads in Tapatalk or any other app....except The Chive. I had to re-enable ads in that one because it broke some functionality.

The biggest thing is that as you scroll / roll down the pages, it bounces around the screen as it tries to refresh. It'd be one thing if it was stationary like the banner ads, but that stupid thing makes ya wanna punch a kitten.......j/k, I wouldn't punch a kitten.

I'll try to see where the ad is coming from. It depends on what status your registred account is to whether or not you see those ads. Try flipping over the the dark skin and see if it stops for you.

NM, I see your post in Dark skin, I have no idea how that ad can be showing to you in the Dark Skin. Are you posting this thread on desktop and it only happens to you on a phone??

Silver,

I will keep checking on this. On the dark skin we run strictly minimal ads and I do not know where the insertion is, as I cannot repeat this on my end to find out. In the dark skin there should be no rolling bottom ads.

@Noobz347 have you seen any in the dark skin at all?

I wll keep digging.

upload_2015-4-8_22-13-2.png

Yeah, I can see them.

I'll try to see where the ad is coming from. It depends on what status your registred account is to whether or not you see those ads. Try flipping over the the dark skin and see if it stops for you.

I don't think that's going to work. If that is a mobile screen shot up there then he has no option to use a skin other than the mobile.

This is whenever I'm on the phone / ipad. When I'm on the laptop that ad is in a fixed spot, but on both my phone and ipad, it keeps popping up at the bottom of the screen. Whenever you scroll down or up, it disappears / reappears and flickers in different spots on the screen, always settling at that spot on the bottom.

I'm trying to sort it out for you. That ad sitting there is making no sense to me. When you are on your desktop there should be no bottom 'fixed' ad that floats at bottom while you scroll, you see this on desktop too? What browser?

I'm trying to sort it out for you. That ad sitting there is making no sense to me. When you are on your desktop there should be no bottom 'fixed' ad that floats at bottom while you scroll, you see this on desktop too? What browser?

I don't see it on the desktop or laptop, only on my phone and iPad.

Yep, Im still here... I built a new shop a few miles off 280 on 147, ought to swing by. I would love to check our your 15!

I'll have to swing by as soon as I get some time. These next 2 weeks are killers for me.

Alright Silver,

Give it another shot and let us know how it goes. We're playing hit or miss.

Lemme grab the phone or iPad and see what I get.

The iPad seems okay, but switch the skins on the phone did nothing. Lemme clear the cache on the phone and see it that helps.

Here is what I see on the phone....

4AC2C838-02B7-4AF6-937A-9DD04BD030B7.png

Attachments

• 5865D268-8BA4-4B65-BF00-5A92A9605010.png
    5865D268-8BA4-4B65-BF00-5A92A9605010.png
    124 KB · Views: 146