Stupid speed limiter

nhra427

Oct 22, 2004
Oregon
Racing my friend down the freeway last nite me in my 99 him in his 02 gt my car puter limits me at 123 he was doing 145 and still pulling. Hate the limiter. Have to get that dam thing off there :damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

i was racing one of those hard top benzes once (I couldn't tell what model as it was night) and we were even until I hit the limiter... and bye bye he went
i didn't want to race but my roomate was like GO GO GO

the worst thing about the limiter is that when i got dyno'd, i got speed limited :doh:

nhra427 said:
We were on a stretch of road with no traffic just wanted to see where the limiter was set.
So you're telling us that you could see 5 miles+ up the road and there was no other cars or the possibility of any other car (or animal for that matter) coming out into your path? Do you have any idea what would happen if you ran over something or had a blowout at that speed? Do you realize that at 150 MPH, you would cover 5 miles in two minutes?
Sorry, but you're not gonna convince me or a couple others of us here that this was safe at all. :notnice: :nonono:
merc123 said:
If you can do 145 in the 1/4 you got something to brag about. Doing 145 on a public freeway is stupid.
So true, bro! :nice:

twogts4us said:
So you're telling us that you could see 5 miles+ up the road and there was no other cars or the possibility of any other car (or animal for that matter) coming out into your path? Do you have any idea what would happen if you ran over something or had a blowout at that speed? Do you realize that at 150 MPH, you would cover 5 miles in two minutes?
Sorry, but you're not gonna convince me or a couple others of us here that this was safe at all. :notnice: :nonono:

So true, bro! :nice:

i think you can cover alot more than 5 miles in 2 minutes @ 150

but driving 150 is unsafe :notnice:

tomustang said:
i think you can cover alot more than 5 miles in 2 minutes @ 150

but driving 150 is unsafe :notnice:
150(MPH) / 60(Min per hour) X 2 (min) = 5(miles)
(BUT, if the car is cart wheeling, flipping end over end or sliding on it's roof, the actual distance will be much less.) :D
Yep, 150 MPH is unsafe and just plain stupid. :notnice: :nonono:

twogts4us said:
150(MPH) / 60(Min per hour) X 2 (min) = 5(miles)
(BUT, if the car is cart wheeling, flipping end over end or sliding on it's roof, the actual distance will be much less.) :D
Yep, 150 MPH is unsafe and just plain stupid. :notnice: :nonono:
your reply contains NO TECH response to his question.

please keep it tech... he asked about a speed limiter not how much he fsked up