Progress Thread Stykthyn Tries It Again

• Sponsors (?)

Do you really need the entire pan? I just had to replace the rear floor on both sides on mine.
If it's rusted all over, I would do the whole pan.
Got any pictures of the rust?

I'd replace the entire floor. That way you only have 4 sides instead of 6 to weld and grind. And depending on how well you tie the sides in,..it'll be a lot harder to tell it was done.
That was kind of what I was thinking as well. I'm not the best at this stuff so minimizing the cuts/welds looked appealing.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you really need the entire pan? I just had to replace the rear floor on both sides on mine.
If it's rusted all over, I would do the whole pan.
Got any pictures of the rust?
Not yet. I was going to try and get some today but I didn't get the chance. I'm off for a week starting Wed. I will get some pics then.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/5492805813.html

Crap. I may bring home a new donor if it's as solid as it looks.

Oh, and that's what i was/am looking for over here. With less patina in mind, but damn you!:fuss:

Edit: I sent a scout out yesterday to look at this one and it turned out to be too far gone.
image.jpeg

Ok so this thread (and many others) when they pop up again is when I see them. I don't always see every one (unless I get an alert for it etc..) so sometimes a thread will go around a couple times before I get back into it.

It's not a long story

Anyway, if it's been a while since I've seen the thread, it takes me to the first post (I love this feature... I kinda have to, it was one of my suggestions to the devs). But I think it's missing something. :chin

When you click on the FIRST UNREAD THREAD button, it should throw up a banner that says,

When last we left our hero...

emot-stare.gif

That's all.

emot-stare.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Ok so this thread (and many others) when they pop up again is when I see them. I don't always see every one (unless I get an alert for it etc..) so sometimes a thread will go around a couple times before I get back into it.

It's not a long story

Anyway, if it's been a while since I've seen the thread, it takes me to the first post (I love this feature... I kinda have to, it was one of my suggestions to the devs). But I think it's missing something. :chin

When you click on the FIRST UNREAD THREAD button, it should throw up a banner that says,

When last we left our hero...

emot-stare.gif

That's all.

emot-stare.gif
More on this shortly

Do you have the room for it?
Yes

After fiddling with the hatch we took a trip to go see the notch. It's way gone. Between no paint left on the car and what looks to be more rust than mine has there's really nothing for me there.

All the rain has finally left and the kids are anxious to get some more work done on the car so expect some minor progress pics in the next week or so. The more I poke and prod the more I'm convinced she needs to come apart again. Since the boys are showing more interest in actually learning about auto maintenance and how they work I'm hoping to make them a big part of this.

Reactions: 5 users
After fiddling with the hatch we took a trip to go see the notch. It's way gone. Between no paint left on the car and what looks to be more rust than mine has there's really nothing for me there.

All the rain has finally left and the kids are anxious to get some more work done on the car so expect some minor progress pics in the next week or so. The more I poke and prod the more I'm convinced she needs to come apart again. Since the boys are showing more interest in actually learning about auto maintenance and how they work I'm hoping to make them a big part of this.

That's it man. Get em hooked young. It occupies their time, teaches them constructive skills, and keeps them out of trouble.

Mostly.

Reactions: 2 users