Styling ideas for my yellow 95!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
Wassup everyone. I just purchased my Canary Yellow 95 GT last tuesday. Although I would consider it to be in excellent condition for a 12 year car, it does neded a few updates. First & foremost I am lowering it soon on H&R ss's, bilstein's, & MM c/c plates. Then after that I am looking to replace the yellowed stock headlights ( which I always hated anyway), for some Cobra ones. I always liked the Cobra headlamps & have installed theses as my first mod on my previos 2 SN95's, but then I saw these smoked headlamp/sidemarker/foglight kits on ebay that look kinda nice, but im unsure. What do u guys think???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...016QQitemZ260148168631QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I do plan on getting some black wheels with a polished lip eventually, & I think the smoked headlamps would look pretty sweet with the black wheels, black bumper inserts, & maybe some black bezeled tailamps.... Im sorry to say that I prefer the 96-98 tailamps better than the 94-95.

BTW. have u guys seen the new deep dish 03 Cobra wheels that are coming out soon, I am looking into those wheels since I already have FR500's on my mach, & bullits are too common now....Anyway, let me know what u guys think....thanks

Here is my car sittin 4x4, but not 4 long!!!

View attachment 369923

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2057.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2042.jpg
    DSCN2042.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN2057.jpg
    DSCN2057.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 133
  • Sponsors (?)

lowered
tint
no spoiler
cobra headlights......smoked...no
cobra bumper
cobra hood
meatier rear tires
black taillight bezels...Saleen if you can find any
yellow mirrors
cut that antenna in half
if wheels...any SILVER DD rim...bullits..fr500...whatever.
i had no clue bout the 03 dd cobras...sounds mythical
black rims may be okay but i personally hate bumble-bee lookin cars

lowered
tint
no spoiler
cobra headlights......smoked...no
cobra bumper
cobra hood
meatier rear tires
black taillight bezels...Saleen if you can find any
yellow mirrors
cut that antenna in half
if wheels...any SILVER DD rim...bullits..fr500...whatever.
i had no clue bout the 03 dd cobras...sounds mythical
black rims may be okay but i personally hate bumble-bee lookin cars

Lowering is 1st, just waiting on my struts to arrive. I already have the springs & CC plates, but i like to do things right the 1st time. shorty antenna later on. I would love to get the Cobra front and a Saleen S281 wing. Silver FR500's would be nice but I already have those on my Mach 1. Bullits are nice but are played out to me. i really want those deep dish 03 Cobras coming out soon.... & i wiil have 295's at the minimum in the rear. Im not a noob if thats what u guys think, this is my 4th stang....

Smoked lights, black wheels...great start. I'd throw in a cobra r hood and maybe a s281 spoiler and call it a day.

Oh and tint the windows, doesnt matter how dark, but it'll go well with the lights and wheels.

Where did you hear about the deep dish 03 cobras? That'd be an......interesting....wheel design.

I figured....looks just like(if not the EXACT SAME) as the ZR1 wheels for f-body's and vettes except drilled for our lug pattern......

5035-black.JPG

81001-1small_ezr.jpg

240%20ZR136974.jpg

And i'll pass.:nono:

The LEAST they coulda did was re-do the ZR1's center section so that its the same as the 03 cobra lug nut center section
03%20cobra%20chrome%20wheel%20new.jpg

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't "get" the whole thing of making a GT into a Cobra clone. If you reeeeeeally want a Cobra, save those bucks and just buy a Cobra. After all, no matter how nice you do it up, a fake snake is always still going to be a fake snake - sorta like false advertising, and it might result in problems later on if you sell the car to someone that's misled into thinking they bought a genuine Cobra (even if you don't present it as such). A clean, beefed-up GT is every bit as nice as a Cobra, anyway - two different avenues of getting to the same result (a fast, nice-looking 'Stang).

Personally, I'd just leave the body alone and focus on the drivetrain/suspension - *MAYBE* a different spoiler like a ducktail type, or just delete the stocker and leave it clean. Lower it and throw on some DD rims as suggested above, button up the rear end with some control arms/torque boxes, then dig into the motor/driveline with a few bolt-ons.

Lower it...check

94-98 Cobra front bumper
95 Cobra R style hood
Tinted windows
17x9/17x10.5 Anthracite Bullitts or similar (NO chrome)

Done. Finito. El Fin.

EDIT: Those black 03 DD replicas do look hawt...

As long as he doesnt put cobra badging on it, it will always be a GT, just with the better looking cobra bumper cover. The 95 R hood is way better looking than the 96-98 Cobra nostril hood. I wanted to get rid of my nostril hood on my 97.