Sub and Amps installed in '06, pics, vid

KAUS

Aug 14, 2005
USA
The sub is an RE SX 12", 1.9 cubic feet, ported, tuned to 33hz, 2x9.5" port area. Sounds great, plays loud and low.

Sub-**** Video: http://media.putfile.com/RESX12v1

Apprantly I need some more glue for the carpet on the side of the port.

RESX121.jpg

Crossfire VR1000D for the SX 12" and Crossfire VR402 for the Coaxs. 1/0 awg power wire and Stinger cooling fan for the VR1000D. Not much to look at but they're covered by the trunk carpet and the wiring is solid.

amps1.jpg

Diamond D6 6.5" Coaxials in the doors, 100 watts aside off the VR402:

door5.jpg

Attachments

• RESX121.jpg
    RESX121.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 112
  • amps1.jpg
    amps1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 164
  • door5.jpg
    door5.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks good. Here is a pic of mine I just started. I didnt want to lose the spare so I mounted the amps on the sub box. I am running an Arc sub off a Soundstream 500-1 and Koda 6 mids with Aura tweeters of an Eclipse 33250 giving them 130 a side.

2250867_9_full.jpg

Looks nice 05 torch! I've heard good things about the ARC subs, very similair to IDQ's, right? How does the setup sound? Any pics of the Koda and the tweets?

Mounting the amps on the subbox is probably the way to go if you can pull it off, but I had a hard enough time fitting my box in the trunk as it is without amps attatched to it. At least losing the spare offsets some of the additional weight added by the system, although I'm in for bit of waiting next time I get a flat.

I havent got it all in yet so i dont know how it sounds yet. I had an IDQ12 in my last stang and it sounded great. They say the ARC is the same but louder. Hopefully this weekend I will get the Kodas in. I will post some pics when I get it done. I was thinking the same thing about the spare and weight.