Sub- Frame Connectors

jonesy

Apr 17, 2005
I have 94 vert, I'm going through some mods and should be in the mid 300 hp range when done . I like anyone else like, Love to, have fun with it . I don't plan on ever making it a weekend racer, but at what point should you add the connectors or should the extra bracing cuz its a vert be sufficient?

Thx,
Jonesy

• Sponsors (?)

I got the Kenny Brown which bolts to the seat brackets AND have to be welded on each end of the sub. Huge difference. Definately should have been one of my 1st mods.

fms-m-5478-j_w.jpg

Attachments

• fms-m-5478-j_w.jpg
    fms-m-5478-j_w.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 28
That was the first thing i did to mine. I only welded in some cheapies too and it made a world of difference. Car feels much more solid and can turn much tighter than before.

i bought steeda full length and took them to a local mustang guy (CE Racing) to have them installed, and i know hes been building stangs for...well EVER! and he told me that those were by far the best sub frames he has ever put in a mustang.

allenpark94gt said:
would installing them on a coupe make much difference?
They will, but not like the vert. I have Steeda's full length welded in. When I go over this section of bumpy road near my daughter's school, I dont hear any rattling, shaking, etc. It was not "earth-shattering" but felt much better.

That, along with the springs makes cornerning much more fun.
RC

I have a vert and just installed maximum motorsport full-length subframes,my car is mostly stock but it helped a whole lot for everyday driving.The car feels more stable and does not twist side to side over bumps.I payed $150shipped for mine from maximummotorsports.com and had them installed at a muffler shop for $75.

MadHandle8169 said:
Don't mean to jack your thread but would the sub-frames really make a difference in the quarter and if so how much, I know they make the car more solid but other than that what are the advantages.

Well i'm not sure how much of a difference they will make in the quarter or in the 1/8th but i know 60 ft times will improve some. SFC's tighten up the chassis by about 30%. The less chassis flex you have during launches, the more power you put to the ground and the cleaner the launch. So yes it will improve 1/4 mile times. They make the biggest difference in the corners. I autox my Cobra and after racing it with no SFC's and then racing it with them, i was like WOW.

So would this same concept be applied if I removed the Strut Tower Brace when I install my intake. I'm cheap and I don't feel like buying buying a new one right now and the stock one won't fit. So, would this hinder my performance because I think I remember people actually say that this would improve your 1/4 time.

Also, once again sorry for jacking your thread.