Sub Frame Paint

JoshGT87

Jun 11, 2003
Arkansas
Just ordered some Steeda full length subframe connectors. Got an awsome deal, the only problem is this, they need to be painted. So heres my question,what kind of paint should I use? Just some Krylon? Thanks for the help,

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

well i assume there're going to be welded on?
so once you get them welded on you want to use something called rust cap. you should be able to find it in any paint store. the thing is not all carry them in a spray can. then you could put a finish coat on it. like black Krylon. or any other color if you don't want it black.

i know right off the bat there's going to be people who say you don't have to use rust cap. or people who haven't heard of it. and say just give it a squirt of krylon.
i'm just give a suggestion from my point of view. an being an industrial and commercial painter. i've seen some bad paint coatings on structural steel and metal work. which result in rusting, which always starts at the spots that are welded. not say this is what you have to do. just what i would do when i get to the point of sub frame connectors on my car.