Subframe Connectors Are Awesome

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
I know that almost everyone knows that full length weld-in subframe connectors are a must with our cars but I just got mine (Maximum Motorsports) installed today and they made the ride SO much better. I was worried about the description of them making the car feel "stiff" but they really make the chassis feel very rigid (obviously :)) and the suspension much more comfortable. I'm running H&R SS no isos and bilsteins and the car feels much more like a performance car now. No loud banging or chattering over bumps since the chassis is the way it should have been from the factory - the suspension actually takes care of all the suspension work! I can only imagine how much smoother the ride would be with an aluminum driveshaft and some more suspension parts.

Anyway, just wanna say that if you don't have sub frame connectors installed on your car, it needs to be your next modification before anything else!

• Sponsors (?)

I welded the BBK SFC's (non-full length) on my car and with stock suspension and Sumitomo's I still cut a 1.8 60 foot.

I wish I would have gotten the MM or Kenny Brown full lengths w/ seat brackets, but money was tight at the time, however, the bbk's still get the job done as well.

Im curious what I will run when I finally get a set of drag radial's, LCA's, Tokico D-Spec's, MM Caster Camber Plates, X-2 Ball Joints, and Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs.

I have always heard that after putting lowering springs on the car, traction off the line will suffer... which is why I plan on doing all of the suspension at one time. (probably later this summer). I haven't taken it to the strip yet this year, I am waiting to get the suspension / tires done, and then I will see what kind of time I can get with my mhs stage 1 blower cams. To date, the best time I have ever run was a 12.6 with out the cams and stock suspension.

I want to buy some so badly. Not to go and steal the thread but should I buy the bare length ones or the black painted ones? Also what should I expect cost wise to weld them on?

Buy the bare ones, then go and buy a $4 can of bbq flat black spray paint...thats what i did...saved me $50 and no paint has come off yet....plus you have to sand the subframes down to weld them in anyway ao why get them powdercoated if your just going to have to ruin it?

Nice. Mine are powdercoated. Yes they rock. Get yourself some gears and a tuner next. Then Cobra/Bullitt front brakes. All those mods will blow you away. You have a catback yet?