Subframe Connectors

• Sponsors (?)

i have the MM full length ones also. i installed them just after the s/c and i could tell a huge differance.

my car use to leave a heavy black mark on the right side when i did a burn out and now they are both the same. i guess that means the car is a lot stiffer now.

and yes you will feel a differance once they are installed

FWIW, we used to race an 85 Gt with T-tops, you could shove your finger between the t-top and the roof edge. When you ran the course you could actually feel your finger being pinched by the chassis movement. Same thing with an 83 Z28 I used to race. So, after the sub frame connectors were put on the car, almost all of that ceased. Now your car probably doesn't have T-tops, but the structure still moves around more than you would think, that's why the connectors work so well. The suspension is supposed to move on the frame, the (stiif) suspension is not supposed to move the frame.

would you go with the MM's? or will these ( http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/Full-lengthsub.jpg ) do?

I doubt it matters much.

The laurel ones have a slightly thinner wall, but they're a deal no matter what

FWIW, we used to race an 85 Gt with T-tops, you could shove your finger between the t-top and the roof edge. When you ran the course you could actually feel your finger being pinched by the chassis movement. Same thing with an 83 Z28 I used to race. So, after the sub frame connectors were put on the car, almost all of that ceased. Now your car probably doesn't have T-tops, but the structure still moves around more than you would think, that's why the connectors work so well. The suspension is supposed to move on the frame, the (stiif) suspension is not supposed to move the frame.

Yeah the mustangs chassis is known to shrink through time with launches

The laurel ones have a slightly thinner wall, but they're a deal no matter what

I am waiting for Laurel to call me back but it seems that they may have a thicker wall but smaller tubing... we'll see what they say when they call back.

Edit:
Laurel Mountain Mustang SFC's
7/8 x 2
.125 wall

I just ordered the Maximum Motorsport SFC

Another benefit: if you get SF connectors that bolt to the seat mounts, your seat won't move around anymore. I expected (and got) the added chassis rigidity, but I did not expect the seat to feel nice and solid when I got into my car for the first time afterwards :nice:

I had mine custom made, please note my car is a vert and I do launch it HARD!

now I am not saying for everyone to go and do what I had done, but I had mine made out of alot heavier material than what any of the prefabbed FLSFC's are made of. they were about 50 dollars more expensive, but I also look at them as a brush gaurd to some extent as well. they hit before my LT's do.

having a vert I had a ton of flex even when I was pushing just 292 rwhp, now with 600 and these FLSFC's the car launches straight as an arrow and it feels a ton more responsive.

the damn verts are like a slinky!

Just had my full MM installed this past weekend. Haven't driven it much since but it does feel tighter. Not a HUGE diffrence but noticable non the less.

finally drove the car and...... Night and day difference. All I can say is WOW.

I peeked under the car when I got home and the welds look so-so. The shop that I went to did the install on his alignment rack...

I just got the Global West SFC's put in. They're amazing. The guy at Dallas Mustang who installed them had never seen them before despite having installed hundreds of SFC's before. He liked them so much he said he was going to get the Global West ones for his own car instead of the various kinds he'd seen before. :nice: