Suede or Leather?

I already posted this in the 4.6l section, but then realized that it might get better response down here. I was thinking about trading in my 97 GT for an 03-04 cobra, and was wondering what y'all think about the suede seats. I have suede bolsters on my racing seats right now, but its cloth in the middle, and the bolsters dont seem to get nearly as much wear and tear as the middle and back of the seats. So if y'all were to pick one of the two, would you pick the two tone leather or suede? Also, does anyone know what it was that determined whether the cobra was gonna have suede or leather? Like were there other diffrences in the car? Inside or out. I assume the suede trim was more expensive, but after looking at lots of pics, thats the only diffrence I can tell. Thanks for the input.

• Sponsors (?)

The suede in the '03 Cobra is very grippy so you won't slide around like on leather. The stuff is easily soiled and impossible to clean. I bought my car used with only 1700 on the odo. The driver seat was already in need of help. I have since replaced it with a new cover from Ford ( not cheap ). The GT and the Cobra are rather different. If you liked the GT you'll love the Cobra. Best of luck

:nono: The seat fabric in the 03/04 Cobras is not suede its alcantra . It is very durable and cleans easily with a mixture of 1 oz. Woollite to 8 oz. water. Spray seat use a damp cloth to lightly wipe the seat use a clean damp cloth to wipe then a dry cottno towel to dry. If the seat is very dirty mite need a 2nd cleaning. In add. the drivers seat has adj. side and thigh bolsters plus 6 way power seat to make it fit like a glove.

Cleaning Cobra Seats

I guess it depends on what gets it dirty. I tried woolite and many other common cleaners, some of them pretty agressive. Professional treatments failed as well. This shouldn't be a reason not to buy a Cobra. Regular care should keep it good looking. I haven't had any problems since the replacement but I would recommend a cover during the summer months if you wear shorts. The stuff on my seat when I bought the car looked a lot like sweat stains. I agree that the seats are very comfortable, much more so than the GT. Alcantra is used in Ford's PAG cars and on the Cobra but it's suede to most folks. I don't think ordinary leather is available on the 03/04 cars.