suggested reading for tweecer

im thinking about saving up for a tweecer r/t and would like to know some good reading to get started. i think its something id like to get into and learn more about. so whats a good place to do some reading so i have some knowledge to start with if i do get it?

• Sponsors (?)

Get ahold of some tunes and matching datalogs - by knowing why the PCM is doing what it is doing, you will be well ahead of the game.

Pay particular attention to LAMBSE, KAMRF and SPARK values in the logs.

Understand what a MAF transfer is and how it works.

Figure out how the injector settings work in the PCM.

Figure out the difference between Open and Closed loop.

Learn what LOAD is.

Knowing these things puts you ahead of 99% of other self tuners.

Take everything you read on the Internet about tuning with a grain of salt -- verify everything for yourself, experience trumps a talking head on the 'net any day. :nice:

I can give you some datalogs and tunes from various cars I've tuned and walk through them with you when you are ready.

Wes

good link 94-302-vert, ive read through it twice now and im just starting to get it haha.

stanger007- ill hit you up for some datalogs when i think i have a general understanding of how it all works. i dont think i should have too much on my plate for an n/a tune with just bolt-ons, but i forsee a bit more reading is in line before i tackle the nitrous tune

ok, one question. ive always heard pinging and detonation referred to separately, but from what im reading, knock, pinging, and detonation are all the same thing caused by spontaneous ignition outside the ignition front initiated by the spark plug due to compression and heat (in the compression cycle). am i getting close?

Wise words by all the nice folks above for sure :hail2:

I would add that there are enough differences between the Fox Stangs
and our 94-95 Stangs that it would behoove you to focus on posts that
have been done by those who are 94-95 owners.

At least for now and until you get your bearings on how this self tuning stuff
all comes together :crazy: :rlaugh:

You'll find some very basic stuff on my site that has helped Tweecer noobs
in the past :shrug:

The software is older :(
but
The knowledge is 94-95 focused :)

Good Luck with your research :D

Grady