Suggestions on Fuel Pump for 331 Stroker Motor

k00ksta

May 13, 2007
Chicago
What size (LPH) Fuel Pump do you guys suggest for a 331 Stroker Motor (Check sig for other mods) I have no plans at the moment for Supercharging, Turbo, ect. Have the tank out the car at the moment and figure since its literally the original from the factory its time to get it the hell out before it dies. Also any suggestions on manufacturers? I seen BBK has a 190LPH complete kit which looks like it would make it fairly easy swap. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Just go with a Walbro 255lph. The kit can be found for about $100.

I've been hearing good things lately about HFP (High Flow Performance) pumps. Supposed to be the same as Walbro but cost about $79 for a kit.

+1 on the Walbro 255lph. They are all about the same price, and having a slightly large fuel pump doesn't hurt at all.

Kurt

Awesome just wanted to make sure going with a large pump would not cause any issues (computer wise). Also sets me up so I dont have to touch it if I do choose to super charge it down the road. Thanks going with the Walbro. :flag:

Awesome just wanted to make sure going with a large pump would not cause any issues (computer wise). Also sets me up so I dont have to touch it if I do choose to super charge it down the road. Thanks going with the Walbro. :flag:

If planning on going with a supercharger down the road, get the model GSS340 pump which is a high pressure pump. With the return style fuel system, unused fuel gets returned to the tank. It won't hurt anything now and will be beneficial when boosted.

If planning on going with a supercharger down the road, get the model GSS340 pump which is a high pressure pump. With the return style fuel system, unused fuel gets returned to the tank. It won't hurt anything now and will be beneficial when boosted.

+1 again. It's an extra $10 if that, and then you will definately not have to touch it again.

Kurt

Just bought a Walboro 255 / 340 Fuel Pump at UPR for $108. Like mentioned, don't skimp with fuel. I remember when I ran the Vortech, I didn't have the inline pump installed and of course it went lean and BOOM. Don't take the chance, over pump it, pass on the 190.

I think I saw it for $89.00 on Late Model Restoration Supply, and the same price at Summit. LRS sells the filler neck tube gasket, so it might be worth it to buy it there so you only have to pay shipping once.

Kurt

I still am rocking the stock fuel preasure regulator as well .. Should I replace that as well while I am doing the pump?

The fuel pressure regulator is unrelated to the fuel pump. Most people put in and adjustable regulator in order to make fine tune adjustments if you have a modified engine.

Kurt