Summit Aluminum Radiator Or Fluidyne? Matching with Xtreme black magic fan! Which one

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
I'm just wondering who has the Summit aluminum raidator for $289.99? I'm going back and forth between that and the Fluidyne for 313.00. I don't think either should have clearance issues as they aren't very think. But i'd just like some imput on your experiences with them. THanks

• Sponsors (?)

Years ago the Fluidynes had issues with leaking after some time...

I would not get the Black Magic Fan, it doesn't flow very well at all. It is very likely to overheat in slow moving or stop and go traffic.

I have a summit aluminum radiator, part number: SUM-380431. The width is almost 31 in. and height 19 in. The fit was pretty tight, so one size smaller might be better. Summit also has one that is 27.375 in wide and 19 in high, part number: SUM-380428.(Might be better). I have been very happy with this radiator, my car stays cools. This has been one of the best parts I've bought for my car. The prices are also very nice, the one I bought was $179.99 and the smaller one is $169.99. Only other things are it does not have a drain petcock, I should have figured out a way to install one cause now I have to remove the hose to drain(no biggy). Also the inlet/outlet were bigger in diameter so fitting stock hoses took some effort. Overall thought the radiator gets the job done and I have had no problems with it, they are built nicely. And the price is great! Use the left over money for a fan, etc. You can also look at the griffin radiators but most of those use epoxy sealer, while the summit ones are welded(from what I have been told, welded usually last longer). Hope this helps!

I like my summit rad, fan does not run too often...
169297.jpg