Summit Racing Carb - Installed!

69Tool

Feb 23, 2006
Hello, a while back I asked about the Summit Racing Carb. I went ahead and purchased the 750cfm and received it about 3 weeks ago. Sorry for the delay in posting this but I went on vacation as well.

First, the carb looks great out of the box, there were no issues with the finish and the venturis as indicated in that lengthy review on another forum. I installed the carb with the provided inlet tubes. The car started right off the bat and idled very well.

However, once I let it run for a minute or two, I noticed that there was gas accumulating on the intake manifold. I re-torqued the inlet tubes and the leaking persisted. So I removed the choke horn cover and found that the gasket was not aligned and it had a bit of damage.

I contacted Summit and they shipped out a replacement gasket right away (actually sent me two) at no charge of course.

In the meantime, I re-installed the gasket in the correct position and it resolved the leak.

Again, the car idles very well and required very little tuning. The primary jets are 77 and the secondaries are 79.

After receiving the new gaskets and getting the car on the road, the response was quite impressive. I definitely noticed a better response than when I had my Holley (600 cfm vacuum secondary). Performance wise it seems to function very well.

Overall, I am very happy with the carb. It definitely provided me with what I was after, a turn-key carb with easy maintenance and good performance. If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I will do what I can to answer them.

• Sponsors (?)