Supercharged 01 GT or Stock 04 Cobra?

White360RFnSwee said:
I guarantee to you it's not.

My insurance from a 2002 GT ( actually a 360R but they didnt know ) to a 2003 Cobra only went up $90 a month.. considering my insurance already was $300 a month.. that isnt THAT bad..

and Im 18.

-Ryan

Wait wait wait, you pay almost $400 a month just for insurance? $400 per month? 400 USA dollars? :jaw:

Bo

• Sponsors (?)

I pay 407$ CDN

I am 24years old with no speeding tickets.. clean as a whistle.

I was only able to find one company that would insure me.. WITHOUT mods.

With mods I cant get insurance.

F U C K I N G Pathetic!

Roger Ramjet said:
Another option you may not have thought of - Ford sells a crate 5.4 supercharged Lightening motor for $6700.

Can you put all your current GT parts on top of that block though? I would like to hear that you can!

Bo

Roger Ramjet said:
Like what? The motor comes complete with intake, supercharger, and throttle body.

I misunderstood, my bad. I didn't know it came with the heads, intake, and all of that. What about hoooking it up to his current exhaust? Is it different?

Bo

You wouldn't have to buy all new accessories...but you would have to buy a cowl hood thats like a foot tall and it would make putting that engine in your car pointless.

A better option is what everyone is talking about lately with swapping a navigator 5.4L DOHC. With minor changes its a direct swap. The major issue is the intake manifold increases the deck height so far that the cowl hood issue still exists. But Modular performance is now offering a spider intake that cuts it down to 4'' cowl needed which is much more reasonable. If you add in a tubular K-member that should drop the engine another 1.5-2'' and you might get it to fit under a cobra R hood.

They also plan to make a lower intake replacement that will mount a twin screw/roots style blower to the engine (thats the route im going for).

kirkyg