Supercharged and DEAD at 3000rpm

Hmmm car is still missfireing and won't run past 3000. I replaced the cap and rotor since the old ones terminals were burned on the inside and so was the rotor. This fixed the problem for a little rev clean to redline shut her off and damn miss firing came back on next start up and she is runnin now really rich plums of smoke. Checked the cap again on the inside and the dam terminals are chared again! so i through yet another cap on still no luck. Today I also Replaced the accel wires and tried new auto light wires no luck still missin 2. tried the very expensive accel 9000 supercharger application wires still missing. I also swithched plugs to autolight 103 a cold plug still missing then I Tried the awsf32c still missing then an autolight 2544 and still missing. I tried something else I pulled the inertia swith plug off . started the car and she ran fine no missin at idle till the fuel died plug the swith back and started her up problem came back again. This is getting wierd I probably need to take the car to a mustang tuner i am about ready to give up . On sunday I will set up the air intake for natural aspirated again and wont feed the boost to the motor to see if this makes a diffrence . I should use the blown air with a shop vac hose to move some leaves around left over from fall. HA HA HA sorry I spent about 16 hours on the mug trying to get her to run.

• Sponsors (?)

I also tried gapping the plugs diffrent still no luck from 35 to 50 I
am thinking the jaccobs ultra coil or the tfi is going bad hell maybe the msd. by the way the smoke was white like steam and went away after i found out the mechanic installed the fmu lines backwards i also swithed the fmu to an 8:1 fixing the lines prevented the car from running rich and choking out with white plums of smoke. However, the car still misses i will try to bypass the msd and replace the stock coil and also get a new tfi on sunday. Any thought on the case of the burned distibutor caps? By the way I had to replace the cap in the summer because it was burned up with car natrually aspirated form. Check my other posts under my login . What causes burned rotor and caps this often and by the way the new cap is toast also and i use dielectric grease alsoon the rotor.

Hmmm..... Just a thought, I don't know a lot about superchargers, but my car was doing the same thing. It would run fine low rpm's, but once it hit 3K or so, it would just die practically. Is it giving you a check engine light? Because mine was, and it ended up being a faulty mass airflow sensor. Take a look at that, because it could be something stupid like that. My friends and I like to think we're Mustang buffs, but we never even thought about checking out the MAF. Let me know how it goes. :nice:

Problem solved the msd6al uses pills i had the 6000 pill installed and I read that others on the msd tech forums had similiar issues. Well I pulled the 6000 rpm pill and presto the damn thing runs fine so far for now I went for i ride no misses what so ever. It seems alot of people have problems with msd units going bad anyone ever have expierence with the crane hi6 let me know.