supercharged to rich with STOCK INJECTORS

• Sponsors (?)

i just tried clocking my maf, i was able to get it to about a 2 o clock position, and it took alittle longer then it did the other days to start idling like ****. it seemed like it was gonna work but after a few minutes idling it started going up and down again until it stalled. i have to make a new cold air with some pipes i have laying around because i dont have much room to clock the maf where its placed right now. if i try to go to either a 3 or 9 position either the sensor, or the bottom of the maf hits the cylinder head.

so you are running a blow through with a stock MAF?

since the car was still having the problem i did try and do it blow through with the stock sensor. just to c what would happen. the pro m housing is still in my intercooler piping so i just took the stock sensor and through it in the pro m housing. and that doesnt work at all it just stalls right after it fires up. do u think it would work with the stock meter in the stock housing? maybe the pro m meter is too big for the stock sensor??

i just tried clocking my maf, i was able to get it to about a 2 o clock position, and it took alittle longer then it did the other days to start idling like ****. it seemed like it was gonna work but after a few minutes idling it started going up and down again until it stalled. i have to make a new cold air with some pipes i have laying around because i dont have much room to clock the maf where its placed right now. if i try to go to either a 3 or 9 position either the sensor, or the bottom of the maf hits the cylinder head.

since the car was still having the problem i did try and do it blow through with the stock sensor. just to c what would happen. the pro m housing is still in my intercooler piping so i just took the stock sensor and through it in the pro m housing. and that doesnt work at all it just stalls right after it fires up. do u think it would work with the stock meter in the stock housing? maybe the pro m meter is too big for the stock sensor??

I'm really confused. There is no way it will work with the stock sensor in the Pro M housing. I thought you had the stock meter in the car housing and all.

The stock meter is going to peg out pretty fast especially in a blow thru setup. What is the whole combo here? Any pics?

I'm really confused. There is no way it will work with the stock sensor in the Pro M housing. I thought you had the stock meter in the car housing and all.

The stock meter is going to peg out pretty fast especially in a blow thru setup. What is the whole combo here? Any pics?

Setup right now is

Stock 5.0 throttle body to pan
Powerdyne bd11a (2.93" supercharger pulley, Stock size crank pulley)
air to air intercooler
3" piping
bbk afpr
walbro 255 fuel pump
stock injectors w/ vortech FMU 12:1
stock MAF sensor (draw through)
innovative lc1 wideband

i wasnt so sure it was gonna work. i just put the stock sensor in the pro m housing because the pro m meter was still in the setup but was disconnected when i was running the draw through setup. the pro m was basically just apart of the ducting while running the draw through. when i decided i was going to try blow through with the stock meter, i just swapped the little sensors so i wouldn't of have to take the piping apart to replace it with the factory MAF i just tried for the hell of it, and it was an epic fail lol :doh:

The factor maf sensor is back in the original housing, sorry for the confusion, but it was originally an all stock maf the first time trying draw through and thats when i got these problems.

i do have some pictures but they were when i was doing the build so that was the blow though setup that had 42's and the pro m meter hooked up and i had no idling issues. but here they are so u can have an idea of the setup i have. just pretend the setup minus 42s and running with a stock maf thats in a draw through location.

Budget Supercharger build in Progress - DriftLive Community

il take some pics tomorrow of the draw through setup

I don't think you could get that to work right with draw thru and all that piping plus having the blow off valve on it as well. Your probably going to have to go back to the 42lbers and just wait to get it tuned. Where is the Pro M located?

pro m is after the intercooler inside the fender

i was thinking the same thing, im gonna mess with the clocking alittle more tomorrow, but if i cant get rid of this idle il have to swap it back over to the 42s and deal with it running rich. il just have to drive it untuned, resist the urge to go into boost, and baby the gas pedel until after xmas because that will be when i have some cash to blow on a megasquirt..

think it will be really bad to drive it untuned for about 6 weeks?

Idle problem fixed!!!

clocking the stock maf has solved the crappy idling problem. i remade the air breather so i could get more room to clock the maf. i clocked it at about the 3 o clock position, and it's not idling like crap anymore.

unforantly i think im having a problem with my afpr regulator now. it was set at 40psi at idle, i havent touched it since, and since 2 days ago when i got it running alright the fuel pressure is back up at 60psi at idle. i dont get how it just increased fuel pressure i didnt touch it. and when i try to drop the fuel pressure it will only drop down to about 56psi and nothing less!!! maybe the fpr is junk after all?