Supercharger and Exhaust right away?

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by wenglo, Dec 28, 2003.

1. wenglo

wenglo New Member

I just got my 2001 v6 automatic mustang am not sure what to do as my first mods. Would everything be alright if i just got jumped into it and got a supercharged and exhaust as my first 2 mods? or would there be other things i'd have to do because of the super charger? About how much do you think this would cast and would it be worth it?
  2. GREENBIOCH

GREENBIOCH Founding Member

You could do it right away, the exhaust should cost you around ~$300 give or take. The Supercharger is around $3000 although you may be able to find a deal on one, then you probably need a bigger MAF, injectors, 255lph fuel pump, etc. and install if your not doing it yourself.

grand total for exhaust and SC I would say ballpark figure of $4000 to $4500. But there really is nothing stoping you from doing it if you got the cash right now.
  3. Blown3.8

Blown3.8 New Member

Supercharger(procharger 11psi tuner kit) $2888
    Dual exhuast gt catback $200 at most
    300lph Fuel Pump $100
    42lb injectors $250
    New maf.. Pro M univ(do it right) $300 or 80mm lightning $180
    Dynotune $300-$450(dont get a mail order chip get tuned right)
  4. GREENBIOCH

Don't forget install, $200 for exhaust parts but install is extra. Plus a mail order chip can be a good route if there is no place to tune or competent tuner nearby. Just make sure the chip is made by a reputable company. The install of the SC will run you a bit of cash to if you can't do it yourself.

The Vortec SC is cheaper then the ATI Procharger kit, but it doesn't come with an intercooler and I personally don't like it as much but it is a bit cheaper way to go with the same results as long as you find an intercooler for sale like on ebay or something similar.
  5. wenglo

wenglo New Member

Yikes so much money! Guess i'll just go for an Exhaust and cold air intake
  6. atlblue2000

atlblue2000 Founding Member

Yep...thats what I said. Until I found a good deal @ www.superchargersonline.com and said what the hell. And I for one am glad I went the Vortech route. What kills me is how everyone dogs the system because you have to tap the oil pan and modify the A/C lines. Well, it took me all of 20 minutes to drill and tap the pan (and not one hint of a leak, either) and after purging the a/c lines myself, it took just 30 minutes tops to remove the line, bend it and reinstall it. Procharger obviously has a good thing going with their kit, but Vortech isn't exactly the red-head step child people like to think it is.

With that said, I just finished my install and even though the chips not in yet, I just had to try and crank her up and see if it would even start. Well, she did and I gotta say...that blower sure does sound sweet. :nice: Kinda surprised how well she ran without the chip too. Anywho...long story short, if you decide to ante up for the blower, you wont be sorry. Even after a long, occasionally frustrating install, I'm VERY glad I did it.
  7. GREENBIOCH

Congrats, Bastard! :D
  8. atlblue2000

atlblue2000 Founding Member

Thanx...and you know, its always nice to be appreciated. :)