supercharger boost problem

StangNiteRider

Mar 29, 2006
i just installed a powerdyne on my basically stock 89. when i first put it on, after about 15 min of testing and running the car, i blew the discharge tube off. it was dark outside and i looked under the car and there was a little oil on the x-pipe and a little on the ground. the motor (306) only has about 5000 miles on it (before the charger). a friend told me i might have preasure building in the block or crank case and should vent the oil cap. just wanted some more opinions. thanks (new to this, but is interesting)

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have a bypass valve installed? If not that will help. Your friend is correct about pressurizing the block. Go ahead and put a breather cap on and make sure the tube from your TB to the oil fill neck is removed and plugged up. If you still have that tube hooked up that will send boost right to your block. I would say that if your discharge tube is being blown off it is probrably because there is no place for the air from the charger to go when the TB closes. Thats why you need to run a buypass valve. hope this helps

thanks, i've drilled a hole in the oil cap and noticed that the pcv valve blew out too (reason for all the oil). that done the trick. just got a piece of a new z06 on interstate rolling @ about 65-70. i'm sure i suprised him and his 50K $ car. thanks again