Supercharger for '05 V6 in 5.0 Mag !

Philstang

Oct 28, 2004
05v6charger4ue.th.jpg
Sorry for the poor pic quality...
Pg 72 of the newest 5.0 Mustang and Super Ford has a shot of a Powerdyne Blown '05 V6 with accompanying article...
It appears that Dashworks Automotive Restylers is the maker of the kit (303) 371-8700
and O'Meara Ford is the distributor (303) 254-5000

8lbs of boost
300 rwhp

:flag:

Attachments

• 05v6charger4ue.th.jpg
    05v6charger4ue.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 90
  • Sponsors (?)

Dang... 300RWHP.... I guess we might have to try sticking the 125HP jets in today after all....

Don't get greedy... Don't get greedy... Don't get greedy... LOL

I hate to say I told you so.. LOL!! Even stuck the SC350 badge onto it.. :nice:

Well guys, it looks like all our hard work and effort has paid off.. We have fianlly been heard..

Boy oh Boy! That is a beautiful car... Almost brings tears to my eyes..

Now can there be any doubt that we were right all along?

scrming said:
Dang... 300RWHP.... I guess we might have to try sticking the 125HP jets in today after all....

Don't get greedy... Don't get greedy... Don't get greedy... LOL

Actually in your situation Scrming, I believe you can have the utmost of confidence with putting your 125-SHOT jets in.. I wouldnt worry about it.. You have your Trac-LOK in place, so yes you are a very dangerous person today.. Whether you choose to believe it or not, is up to you.. But rest assured your no average JOE!! Your dangerous! Sombody call 911!! Scrming's loose, and could reek havok on the Mustang world! :D :nice:

Powerdyne is well known as a 'reliability problem' supercharger. Procharger has a system also.

From Prochargers website.....
"The design of the new Intercooled ProCharger systems for 2005 4.0 Mustangs substantially raises the bar for V6 performance, and allows V6 owners to completely overpower naturally aspirated V8 GT Mustangs. With 7-9 psi of intercooled boost and running pump gas with an otherwise stock 4.0 engine, this technology produces a 50-65% horsepower gain. Track testing has shown that a 2 second improvement in ET and nearly 400 HP is possible with the Stage II system."

http://www.procharger.com/2005_v6mustang.shtml

Pics from Procharger website...
v6_mustang_uh2.jpg

v6_mustang_uh.jpg

Attachments

• v6_mustang_uh2.jpg
    v6_mustang_uh2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 87
  • v6_mustang_uh.jpg
    v6_mustang_uh.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 84
I've heard a few things about Procharger eating up engines and others have been more than happy... though, if I were buying today (I gotta hide my debit card from myself!), I'd go with the procharger. Then again, Explorer Express will have their X-charger out very soon.

Are roots style blowers considered positive displacement blowers? or just twin screw? I thought it was only twin screw because they build pressure inside the supercharger (aka using its displacement) unlike the roots that builds pressure inside the manifold. I may be wrong, and i probably am, so someone feel free to correct me :)

Im more interested in powerhouses turbo kit (man i love the BOV sound)

I would probably go for the Procharger if i had the car and the money, lol.
Thy are a well known company and the fact that it is intercooled allows for more power potential...

MoNStARaiN said:
any idea how many duckets this would be?

I emailed the dealership yesterday, with still no response.. Not really what I would say, a good sign.. It might be made up.. Not true.. A joke..

Anyone selling a car like that, that does not respond to emails, when this is one of their preferred methods is not too serious... I'll give him one more day for a response.. If no response, then we must inform the public of the situation and write it off..

Bottom line is, I personally dont see how they can actually sell it for that cheap with the body kit, Bullits, and a Supercharger.. They say all this for less than a GT, I say bull.. Its almost impossible, unless he's getting 05 V6's from Ford at $15K...

I would think $35K... I know I thought 32k yesterday, but after further thought, I cant see it..