supercharger for 98 Gt Allen or Ford Racing or Centrifugal?

Jason5.0

Mar 31, 2005
Saugus, Ma
im considering suoercharging my 98 gt when my 5.0 sells, im back and forth between the SVO roots style intake/ blower combo, the Allen Roots Blower, and a paxton novi 2000 or S-trim everyone chime in here, im most considering the allen and the SVO kit, the svo kit is interesting looking but i cant seem to find any info any where i look for it, does anyone have one? if not, throw up your suggestions keeping in mind Streetablility, install time, and reliablity, thanks for your help in advance

btw its a stock 98 gt 5 speed with an slp exhaust and thats it

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah the compression ratio spike from the PI swap would limit your boost capabilities considerably you'd think. Unless you did some other internal mods to lower the CR back down.

By the way right now, like you, im stuck with the NPI engine and am wondering what I want to do to my car. Ive tossed around many ideas but these are the ones i've narrowed it down to being something i'd actually do...this would be a DD car btw.

1-3 All include 3.73 gears and speedcal

1) superchargers4less Vortech kit + PI cams
2) FRPP roots blower (not only do you get boost but also replace the crappy intake manifold as well) + PI cams
3) PI cams + PI Intake Manifold + O/R midpipe

4) Say screw the car for right now and spend a couple grand on Jet Ski and Snowmobile so I can have fun during winter and summer besides just the car

I think the allen would be a waste of money though if you went that route. I believe you could get a KB for around the same price as the allen kit.