Supercharger for under $3000??

• Sponsors (?)

I vote for installing it yourself regardless of what kit you get. I would say that the KB would be the easiest since they have a 100 page instruction sheet. I just tossed my Procharger instructions and basically winged it on the install. came out just fine though. also learned a couple tips along the way about shimming out the blower that would have never been in the instructions.

SVTStang03 said:
OK, should I go with a KB and pay for an install, or a Vortech/Procharger and do it myself? I think a Vortech kit is like $3200??

been that route , spent over 4000 when I was said and done and still had to spend more later , ex: the fuel pumps (walbro) are junk , focus pump is about 88 bucks and aviator is what I went with is about 180 , plus the tunes they give you are crap , you may be able to get by with getting a tuner kit around 2100-2500 some places , and then get a fuel pump , I recommend the aviator over the focus 180 bucks , relocate the IAT sensor yourself about 2 dollars for a grommet .... and the only other things you would need would be injectors (used about 100 bucks 30lbs or larger ) new about 219 from most places ....... and finally a tune from someone like the guys over at modulardepot.com or modularmustangs.net ..... that will hopefully be able to dial it in alot closer than the chips they send with the kits ..... cheapest you are going to slide by if you look around would be at best 2100 for the tuner kit 100 for used injectors , focus pump 88 bucks and the about 300-500 for a tune .....

2002BLGT said:
been that route , spent over 4000 when I was said and done and still had to spend more later , ex: the fuel pumps (walbro) are junk , focus pump is about 88 bucks and aviator is what I went with is about 180 , plus the tunes they give you are crap , you may be able to get by with getting a tuner kit around 2100-2500 some places , and then get a fuel pump , I recommend the aviator over the focus 180 bucks , relocate the IAT sensor yourself about 2 dollars for a grommet .... and the only other things you would need would be injectors (used about 100 bucks 30lbs or larger ) new about 219 from most places ....... and finally a tune from someone like the guys over at modulardepot.com or modularmustangs.net ..... that will hopefully be able to dial it in alot closer than the chips they send with the kits ..... cheapest you are going to slide by if you look around would be at best 2100 for the tuner kit 100 for used injectors , focus pump 88 bucks and the about 300-500 for a tune .....

Was all that for your Vortech? A far as I know, the Kenne Bell kit is as close to a "bolt on" kit as you can get. The tune you get is even pretty close to right on the money from what I hear.