Supercharger guys... hop on in

AznStanger3v

Aug 11, 2003
Northern VA
Hey fellas, i was wondering the difference between a "tuner kit" and a complete one. apparently the tuner kit is missing thngs, but what exactly is it missing? as you all know, im purchasing a s/c with my graduation money. so id like to know the skinny on this stuff

• Sponsors (?)

All that came with my tuner was brackets, head unit, discharge tube, bypass valve, filter w/ mounting kit, inlet tube and misc clamps and fittings.
The rest is FMU, fuel pump, and ignition stuff.

Musclemotors huh...Jack always hooks me up.
I'd get the complete kit so you have everything that you need. The BTM, FMU, and TREX will save your motor.

Dont get a tuner kit, the money you save VS a compleate kit is not worth the hassle of trying to round up everything that you need to compleate the install. W/a compleate kit its all in one box, everything you need, no worrys about getting half way through the install and going DAMMIT I need ( insert part here). Do some looking around compleate supercharger kits are cheap if you know where to look. I got my Paxton Novi 2000 Price matched for $3,092 +150 to get it polished and $50 for shipping for a total of $3,342 for a compleate polished and shipped Paxton Novi 2000. 13 hrs and 4 days after we started the install it was up and running mint.

does anyone know if procharger sells everything BUT the head unit??? bc ive found so many head units for so cheap and i know the head units are the same, its just the brackets, tubing, etc. are different. thanks fellas

I have to disagree with everyone else. I say get the tuner kit. Then buy yourself a walbro 255 inline pump, and a set of 42 lb injectors instead of a FMU. Then, get a good tune, and you will not need a BTM. You really dont want to be relying on a BTM as a tune because if it fails, so does your headgaskets or engine.

yellow1995Cobra said:
I have to disagree with everyone else. I say get the tuner kit. Then buy yourself a walbro 255 inline pump, and a set of 42 lb injectors instead of a FMU. Then, get a good tune, and you will not need a BTM. You really dont want to be relying on a BTM as a tune because if it fails, so does your headgaskets or engine.

I would have to agree. I know next to nothing about superchargers or their supporting hardware though so maybe my opinion doesn't matter. :D

yellow1995Cobra said:

i was hoping someone would tell me to go for that. so yellow1995cobra, you think i should buy a procharger tuner kit, then get the walbro and 42lbers along with a tune? that sounds good. guess ill start searching for tuners. i hope procharger's tuner kits are good bc the main thing i want is the intercooler for it.

I bought an inline and 42's for my kit and just sold my BTM no FMU. Excessive in Manassas can give you a good tune and you will be good 2 go. I wanted a ProCharger when I was deciding a D1 and after reading a lot about leaks and no leaks I just decided to go Vortech. I wanted and intercooler also that's why I wanted the D1 but I can intercool the Vortech also for a little more. I did not want to find out about a leak in an explosion all over my engine bay. But that's just my opinion and I love the sound of a ProCharger and sometimes wish I would have got one, but longevity is my primary concern.

Whatever you do, get an intercooler. I drove mine through 100+ Degree weather all last year. And the stock cooling system never even flinched.

I again will be honest and say that my Procharger sprung a leak, but I live close enough to where shipping isnt a problem.

The whole leaking thing isnt the disaster people make it out to be. Its just like if your powersteering started leaking... you will have oil/fluid underneath the unit, but you wont be able to tell a difference in performance.Mine still made boost , it just had a very ,very slow leak.Which is being fixed for free.

Also, the whine of the Procharger is sweet. :nice:

Also the kit I got with the p1sc looks really good and fits even better. I love how it crosses over the serpentine belt, tucks into the driver side fenderwell, turns into the intercooler, back out the passenger fenderwell and into the M.A.F.

This intercooler will act as a passive "wastegate". The boost will level off and deliver smooth increases. This is much easier on your entire motor,especially your headgaskets.

Im running my FMU b/c I havent had it dyno tuned yet. Im not running a BTM b/c all I did was set the timming to 19* and pull the spout out, thats all you have to do , no need to run a BTM at all.

I got my kit with everything needed (FMU ,inline pump , brackets ,plumbing, battery relocation kit,head unit of course , intercooler, and bypass valve) for $3,350 with a one year warranty.I got three years supply of oil and two extra years on the warranty for $50 more(well worth it). :nice:

I have seen prices as low as $3225 in mags. You should look for a dealer around you that has them so shipping isnt an issue and try to talk them down. I got my guys to drop $200 off their price.

My Vortech tuner kit came with a warrenty...

Stripped your missing out on power by unhooking your spout wire. You need to get something on there like a chip or a tuner that way you can utilize some of that extra timing here and there... There is a reason modern cars have computers that mess with timing, might as well use them.

I saved over 600 bucks by not getting the overpriced t-rex pump, BTM which i had a chip anyway (now i have a tuner), and with 42lb injectors not needing an FMU. Actually if you still wanted any of that you could buy it off ebay for fairly cheap... Tuner Kit all the way...

Striped5.0 said:
Im running my FMU b/c I havent had it dyno tuned yet. Im not running a BTM b/c all I did was set the timming to 19* and pull the spout out, thats all you have to do , no need to run a BTM at all.

Yeah you dont need BTM...But its nice to have. I run with mine turned to 0 which is effectively off. I havn't HAD to use it , but its good to know that if I experienced detonation I could pull timing.

Also, I was playing with a WS6 the other day and it was fun to pull timing for the hell of it just to see if he could keep up (which he couldnt). :D

moneypit94 said:
My Vortech tuner kit came with a warrenty...

Stripped your missing out on power by unhooking your spout wire. You need to get something on there like a chip or a tuner that way you can utilize some of that extra timing here and there... There is a reason cars have computers that mess with timing, might as well use them.

I saved over 600 bucks by not getting the overpriced t-rex pump, BTM which i had a chip anyway (now i have a tuner), and with 42lb injectors not needing an FMU. Actually if you still wanted any of that you could buy it off ebay for fairly cheap... Tuner Kit all the way...

I stand corrected. :shrug:

WOOOHOOO 100 posts :banana: :banana: :banana:

Actually, I think 17yroldstanger was talking about buying a used headunit...

And I seriously doubt that could be warranted.

Hey MoneyPit, did you used to have a P1sc?
I could be crazy but I swear like 6 months ago I went to your website and was checking out your air filter setup that you custom made.

Am I crazy er what?