Supercharger guys... hop on in

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
Also dont forget all the hidden costs that come w/ buying a blower. I spent over $4,000 getting this whole set up put together then came to find out that I had to spend another $280 for a spec II clutch :bang:. Im not sure what your mods are so far but you will want a bigger MAF Im running a C&L 76MM. Also you need Injectors, I bought my 30's for $130 used off ebay w/ about 500 miles on them. I had to buy a bigger throttle body, I went w/ the Edelbrock 70 MM $249. I also bought a new harmonic ballancer since my stock one had 118,000 miles on it and I was not going to let a bad ballancer ruin my motor after throwing all this money at it, that was another $220. I have yet to sit down and actaully add up everything I spent on the car over the winter, in a way Im scared to :eek: and theres still so much more I have to do. Oh yeah dont forget guages, I bought Autometer boost/water temp ones from summit, about $45 each, and the guage pod for them $34 ( the clock delete one)

i see. i dont mind picking up a lot of that stuff ( some of it i already have). do you think a 65mm tb is good enough for the s/c?

17yrOldStanger said:
i see. i dont mind picking up a lot of that stuff ( some of it i already have). do you think a 65mm tb is good enough for the s/c?

It will be ok but if you do the H/C/I route as well w/ the SC then it may not be enough. General rule of thumb is that NA cars should use a 65MM and a SC car should use a 70MM. The Edelbrock 65MM and 70MM were the same price out of Mustangs unlimited.com so I went w/ the 70.

17yrOldStanger said:
i found a company that is selling the paxton tuner kits. i emailed them to see what comes with it and how much it will cost. hopefully, itll be within my reach

sweet, where did you find that? I checked and the place I got mine dosent sell the tunner kits. JD's was the cheapest place to get the base model Novi 2000 $3,150 ( besides superchargers4less.com) where they had it listed for $3,092 but I got it for that price at JD's anway. Use those 2 Places as refrence #'s to see how much less the tuner kit will be and what you will have to spend money on ot compleate the kit and weather you will save money or not. Keep in mind you DONT HAVE TO use a 70MM TB you can stay w/ a 65MM If you already have one. I had a friend w/a 91 GT running 10.7's w/ 510 RWHP and he still had the stock TB if I remember correctly. So just keep that in mind before you throw down $200 + on a 70 when you alreday have a 65MM ( I figured you still had a stock one )

i found it at some company called dead horse. when they send me a quote back, ill fill you in on everything. This guy got back to me and itll cost me $2550 for a S-Trim Tuner Vortech. Its like 3000 for the T-trim. Which should i go for if the Paxton doesnt fit my budget?

17yrOldStanger said:
i found it at some company called dead horse. when they send me a quote back, ill fill you in on everything. This guy got back to me and itll cost me $2550 for a S-Trim Tuner Vortech. Its like 3000 for the T-trim. Which should i go for if the Paxton doesnt fit my budget?

If the Tuner kit for the Paxton is more then you want to spend then Id go w/ the S trim, thats a really good blower as well and will give you all the power you need. My friends 91 GT had a S trim on it and he put down 510 RWHP. w/ H/C/I...exc exc