Supercharger Intsalled.....now smoke coming out valve cover vents?

MuSTaNGPLaYR

Founding Member
May 6, 2002
mansfield, OH
just after starting the car with the charger it ran fine for about a min and then acted like it was missing and getting too much fuel(its not) and smoke was coming out of the valve cover vents and the oil stick, but NOT out of the tailpipes....i unhooked the charger and it ran fine for a min and then went to **** again (always smoking though now).....anyone know what the charger may have done here? head gasket? pistons? any ideas would help out alot

• Sponsors (?)

well if it only ran for a minute and u didnt rev it up, i dont see how you would have blown any gaskets. Although white smoke would most likey be coolant..i duno, anything else youve done?

MuSTaNGPLaYR said:
just after starting the car with the charger it ran fine for about a min and then acted like it was missing and getting too much fuel(its not) and smoke was coming out of the valve cover vents and the oil stick, but NOT out of the tailpipes....i unhooked the charger and it ran fine for a min and then went to **** again (always smoking though now).....anyone know what the charger may have done here? head gasket? pistons? any ideas would help out alot
What model did you install?

I did rev it up a couple times and the boost got up to about 4lbs for a spilt second....it is not the vlave cover gaskets, it is coming out of the hole on top of both valve covers.....it did not do this until after i reved the motor up a couple times, then it started running horrible like it was getting flooded and missing and some smoke was coming out the the oil stick....but not out the tailpipes? since then it still smokes but will run perfectly fine for about a min and then go to **** again, just like it did.....i think i might do a compression test on it, but you would think that if a ring went bad then smoke would be coming out the tailpipes too?