Supercharger (shaker/ram air) questions

dew22

Banned by Troll
Jan 16, 2003
Tampa
I'll try to be as specific as possible I have seen people with 2v centrif. superchargers with ram air shaker systems first are the hp/tq #'s better than that of other car with with the same mods without the shaker/ ram air system
( does it help )?
Also I haven't seen anyone with shaker / ram air with twinn screw or roots I have seen a shaker sitting on top of a roots but the ram air was non functional is anyone working on this, is it practical. I would think the location of the shaker
is the main problem (Solutions totally new style hood more clearance how much
taller? would it look funny??? move shaker system forward x amount of inches
and would that look funny both you would probably need a new hood just a few ideas.

I still have suspension,wheels, tires and brakes to do befor the supercharger
probably KB so I can wait for things to shake out so to speak.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont see where there is really going to be a significant benefit of using the shaker system. Most ram-air systems are considered "unproven" namely cause there is no way to dyno a ram-air system. You must also remember that there is only so much air that will flow through the intake valves per rotation of the camshafts. If you exceed this amount of air flow, you can very well end up loosing power due to loss in velocity which is critical for power production. If you want to give it a try, I say do it if you have the money and only AFTER you get your other mods you need such as the wheels, tires, suspension, and brakes. If you decide to do it, let us know how it turns out. I personally dont know of anyone who has tried the setup you mentioned, but I would be interested in their results.

Cali03Boss said:
actually i just saw CDC's mach 1, and correct me if i'm wrong, but that looks like a roots blower under the shaker...and it all looks functional:
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/cdc_news/cdc_news_032.html

I read several articals on that car it's a 03 cobra motor with the shaker but the ram air system to date is none functional.

any track times on centri. blowers with ram air/shaker and how do they compair to cars with same set up with no shaker ram air?

The comment about the dyno being hard to judge was a great one but alot of the mach 1 owners SAY they can tell when the ram air opens maybe some of them will way in

Cali03Boss said:
I designed a system for a shaker to work with the new KB's...but i have no money to patent the idea or make it..or whatever...

Go online and get an inventors guide kit where to get it I don't know but a google search should turn up plenty of options submit your idea and get it copy righted or patented and approach manufacturers or distributors if there is $$$$
to be made they will be interested but judging the amount of response I have received from this thread we may be amoung the great minority. GOOD LUCK
let me know how it turnes out

The pictures I just seen seem pretty nice. Unfortunately, until someone tries this at the track and gets results with it, the idea will be useless. I say if any of you want to create your own kit, then be my/our guest. Get a patent for it and find yourself someone with a 03 cobra and let them give it a try. See if they get any gains with it.

I agree, track results are the only way the shaker will prove itself.

The Mach1 seems to turn quarter times a little faster than alot of people expect - is it the shaker? We really need to get a Mach1 owner to do some runs with the shaker and with a stock GT airbox and see what thte difference is. Then do it with a s/c'd car. :shrug:

I personally don't care if there are any gains it would be nice but not that important to me I am in love with the Kenne Bell twin screw and the ram air shaker hood. I like the banshee better but the cdc is also nice

If it comes down to one or the other of course twinn screw wins that every time.